Regarding disruptive posts

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I have seen now a regular pattern with regard to disruptive posts and I have decided that the best way to stop these disruptions is to just disregard them completely. If anyone is disruptive on any of my threads I would like you all to ignore it. If I require support and help I will request this privately.

I am determined not to respond to your disrupted threads either and would like it to be known that this is not as a way of ignoring rudeness and abuse but my way of support. I am sure that ignoring such posts will have the best effect.

Love and best wishes to you all.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Please remember that if you find yourself consistently irritated by a specific poster you can place them on your ignore list. This way you won't even see the posts.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I do agree entirely and have tried so very hard to ignore. Sorry my blood just boiled over on the Angel Thread. I will certainly try to work out how to put some names on an ignore list so that I NEVER AGAIN read their silly self seeking posts.

xxTinaT

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Tina (and anyone else)

You go to User CP (in the green bar above) and then down to the Miscellaneous heading on the left and under that is Buddy/Ignore Lists. Click on that and you can add individual poster's names to your ignore list.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Jennifer

I didn't know you could put people on an ignore list. How do you do this and is it for general posts or PM's?

Love

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
General posts definitely but I'm not sure about PMs. I know you can set the PM system so that you only receive posts from moderators and people on your buddy list, but I'm not sure if by default it blocks PMs from people on your ignore list.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Jennifer.....I will put you on my ignore list. Will you send me a PM and I`ll let you know.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Ha - maybe I can become a moderator for my children :D

So we need a volunteer.

Last edited:

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Incidentally I'm seeing this when Joanne is on my ignore list

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 705

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Well Joanne? Have you tried? I don't want to leave you on my ignore list otherwise I might forget to take you off :D

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
So did the system actually say anything, or did it just accept the message but not indicate that I didn't get it (which I didn't)?

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I just wanted to make sure this was viewed by as many as possible so I have shoved it up into today's posts;)

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Just to confirm that by putting a person's name on an ignore list, you see neither their posts nor their PMs.

Quite liberating, and worth trying.

There is a reason why people not in sympathy place their posts in threads of other people and consciously divert them, generally by argument - they know that a thread of their own would be ignored.

By diverting a thread with a large number of contributors, they think they will gain an audience.

Threads do get diverted quite innocently, and that is rarely a problem. I think members can spot when diversion is deliberately made, for whatever reason.

Fortunately, we have few worthy of ignoring on TP.