Recycling bins.

Galloping grannie

Feb 24, 2022
Wondering if anyone else has this problem. The council have put a notice on my plastics bin and refused to empty it as OH had emptied a small pot of compost into it. Having cleaned this out I have now found the potato peelings in it. I suppose I’m lucky he can peel the potatoes!

Andy54

Sep 24, 2020
During the last two years that my wife was still at home I got into the habit of searching the recycling bin every couple of days for "contraband"

McSuffolk

Feb 12, 2023
Hi there, I’m still relatively new here so haven’t posted much before - I support my mum with AD.
She is completely unable to sort or comprehend the bin recycling requirements so I leave the general rubbish bin out and have hidden the blue recycling and green garden waste bins in the garage, only taking out the green one when I need to use it for grass cuttings etc.
I couldn’t keep up with mum putting all the wrong stuff in all of the bins! It was a nightmare and like you @Galloping grannie, the collection men refused to take her stuff away. Difficult one isn’t it!

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Wondering if anyone else has this problem. The council have put a notice on my plastics bin and refused to empty it as OH had emptied a small pot of compost into it. Having cleaned this out I have now found the potato peelings in it. I suppose I’m lucky he can peel the potatoes!
You can get bin locking devices from Amazon, I wonder if you would find those useful.

Galloping grannie

Feb 24, 2022
Hi there, I’m still relatively new here so haven’t posted much before - I support my mum with AD.
She is completely unable to sort or comprehend the bin recycling requirements so I leave the general rubbish bin out and have hidden the blue recycling and green garden waste bins in the garage, only taking out the green one when I need to use it for grass cuttings etc.
I couldn’t keep up with mum putting all the wrong stuff in all of the bins! It was a nightmare and like you @Galloping grannie, the collection men refused to take her stuff away. Difficult one isn’t it!
I think it must be even more difficult if you’re not there 24/7

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
@McSuffolk. I have had to rescue things from the bins as my hubby cannot remember what goes where. Not so much an issue now as he leaves all that to me now.
There are bin locks available from Amazon, they might help you with the recycling issue.

Lin B

Aug 18, 2022
HI All. I don't generally have an issue with this as my OH normally asks me what bin to use. However a few weeks ago the dogs food bowl went missing. I searched high and low and something told me to check the recycling bin and there it was . Mystery of course as to who put it there as my OH said it definitely wasn't him. Clearly one of the 'people' who come in and out of the house.

Galloping grannie

Feb 24, 2022
HI All. I don't generally have an issue with this as my OH normally asks me what bin to use. However a few weeks ago the dogs food bowl went missing. I searched high and low and something told me to check the recycling bin and there it was . Mystery of course as to who put it there as my OH said it definitely wasn't him. Clearly one of the 'people' who come in and out of the house.
We have people who make things disappear, it’s starting to cost a fair bit !

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
We have people who make things disappear, it’s starting to cost a fair bit !
We dont have people in our house, but I swear we have a space/time continuation shift. Some stuff disappears never to be seen again and other things that havent been seen for days/weeks/months suddenly reappear.

McSuffolk

Feb 12, 2023
@SeaSwallow - Thank you for the heads up regarding bin locks - I shall have a look into that as it would be better to have the bins outside of the garage for ease.

Galloping grannie

Feb 24, 2022
We dont have people in our house, but I swear we have a space/time continuation shift. Some stuff disappears never to be seen again and other things that havent been seen for days/weeks/months suddenly reappear.
I used to work on the theory that they would turn up eventually.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn’t there!
He wasn’t there again today,
Oh how I wish he’d go away!

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
And I bet it’s your fault when they disappear because it could not possibly be our hubby’s fault!!

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
@SeaSwallow - Thank you for the heads up regarding bin locks - I shall have a look into that as it would be better to have the bins outside of the garage for ease.
I know that it might be a bit of a pain having to remove them for bin day but better than the bins being rejected.

Kas 0103

Jan 12, 2022
My husband has lost/thrown away his denture! I have searched high and low, to no avail. He’s having a final fitting for his new one tomorrow, a costly loss… I’ve been trying to think up a suitable strategy for ensuring it doesn’t happen again, but my brain is clearly befuddled…

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
If anyone finds two pairs of expensive glasses, could you please send them my way.

Thank you

Sadlady

Dec 23, 2022
Sounds familiar! I have to check the bags he fills and also find 'it wasn't me' and must be 'the other people'! (the same ones who lose things around the house).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gill Fowler