Recently Diagnosed with Mild Cognitive Impairment

bevie

Mar 18, 2024
Hi, My name is Bev. I was recently diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment. I am trying to understand the scores that I was given by my neurologist. In memory I have an overall score of 87/200 20th percentile rate. Can anyone tell me what this means please? Thank you so much! bev

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @bevie and welcome to Dementia Support Forum. I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I don't know anything about the scores that you mention but hopefully some of our helpful members will do.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @bevie and welcome from me also. I also do not understand the scores but would suggest that you discuss them with your doctor if you are concerned.

Sporadic gardener

Sep 4, 2022
I agree, it would be worth asking the memory clinic to explain yours scores. It's always a good idea to have someone with you to take notes if you can so that you have a record. It's hard to take it all in, especially if you do have some issues. My pwd had a mcd diagnosis. I can't recall the scores but I know they mention lots of different aspects of cognition and memory so this will all be very personal to your situation.