1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. kiytyn

kiytyn Registered User

Mar 7, 2008
    ramsey, isle of man
    I will be visiting mum as much as possible over Easter. She's not been very well and is in hospital at the moment. It seems the new cocktail of drugs she is on to help keep her amenable is not suiting her system, she's been sick and has been in a deep sleep for nearly a week. She's been awake for a bit over the last couple of days, and I managed to steel myself to visit yesterday evening. Not easy. She looked so like my Granma, sounded all wavery and old. It's really hit home what we will have to expect in the future... :( Still the Dr's believe it's all just an adverse reaction to her current medication, so she should perk up again quite quickly.

Anyway, I just wanted to wish everyone a peaceful Easter weekend. I hope you all find a little happiness within your families this weekend. :)

2. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Thank you for the thought Kiytin, and I hope you find your visits go well over the coming weekend.

It is so hard to adjust, but this we have to do if we are to go forward. She still is, and always will be, your lovely mum.

Let us hope they get her medication sorted out real soon.

3. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Hi Kiytyn

Thanks for the good wishes. I wish you a good weekend too. I hope your mum perks up after her meds are changed, and you have some good visits.

Love,

4. TinaT

TinaT Registered User

Sep 27, 2006
    Bolton
    My love and best wishes to you at this difficult time. The human body is a wonderful thing and the doctor has given you much reassurance. Hope all goes well and mum begins to perk up over the holiday weekend. xxTinaT

5. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    Wishing you also a peaceful bank holiday weekend kiytyn & every on on TP , also wishing much love all the best to your mother that she perk up soon xx