re Care Home now

Vancouver

Feb 24, 2015
It has been awhile since I have posted anything ..hope everyone is ok. Brief history..my mum moved in with us and during her time with us, she lost the use of her legs and had to be taken to the Hospital. Good news..my mum is able to walk again but was transerred to an Assessment Ward for the elderly. Sadly mum's dementia has gotten worse and to be honest I never knew how bad it was until mum moved in with us. Mum can not be left alone as she doesn't understand danger or anything like that. I see my mum everyday at the Ward, sometimes I think mum remembers me but not sure ...mum's personality has changed...Mum has become an extrovert. Also I think she might be in a time in her life before she was married. Anyway, I am now in the process of a social worker contacting me to arrange a care home with a dementia ward....my question is ...has anyone moved their mum or dad to a care home and did they settle in ok. Mum seems really comfortable at the ward but its not a long term care facilities...Anyway feed back would be much welcomed. Thanks for you time everyone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5