Puzzled

Maisieb

Nov 6, 2017
On Sunday 10th December my husband woke me at 6am to put heating on do he could have a shower. I did and he had one and went back to bed. Later when he got up he asked me lots of questions. He knew I was going out that evening so he got ready sat with his coat on for an hour then came with me, spoke to a lot of people ( don't know what about ) at the event, they know of his condition. Monday he never got up had 1 cup of tea could hardly keep awake. Tuesday he's had a cup of tea and is now asleep
He's had vascular dementia for 4 years Is this what I'm to expect. We are supposed to go to my daughter's for Christmas I don't know what to do.

Prudence9

Oct 8, 2016
Perhaps he has an infection Maisie, UTI or a cold starting?
Could you have a word with his GP?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Maisieb

If your husband's behaviour is showing a distinctive change, it might be a downturn in his condition or it might be an infection. Perhaps a visit to his doctor would help.

When we went to our sons for Christmas, all my husband managed was the dinner and he found all the other festivities overwhelming and we had to come home. Luckily we only live a very short distance away so it was no trouble.