Pressure mat with quiet alarm

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast
Not sure quite how to describe this. Here goes.

I'd like to find a floor pressure mat that tells me if the OH leaves our bed but that has a quiet alarm I can carry with me or have on my side of the bed. The motion detection ones seem a bit dubious as the flapping of the duvet would be likely to set it off and would probably capture my movements as well.

I normally wake in a flash when he starts the nighttime 'need the loo' wriggling but not always, resulting in clean up sessions during the night. I sometimes get up in the small hours to do some housework or, like now, fire up the laptop, watch some mindless TV or just twiddle about by myself. I don't always hear his nighttime sleepy creeping when I'm downstairs but want to be aware of it as soon as it starts.

Any suggestions, good people?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
You can get pressure mats with an alarm that you can put under your pillow and they vibrate, but I dont know if you can carry them around with you - I expect you can, but I dont know.

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast
Hello @AbbyGee a quick internet search has found this pressure mat with a portable monitor with adjustable volume:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-F...rds=pressure+mat+alarm&qid=1660114773&sr=8-14

I'm sure there are other similar products available, from other retailers, so worth having an internet browse for other products. Hope this helps with your search and that you find something suitable.
Thanks @Louise7. That's the sort of thing I'm looking for. Now I have a good place to start my quest!

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast