Pot of govt money for CHC funding

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
My hubby has come home tonight with a story from his colleague at work that David Cameron thinks people have been denied CHC funding and has made a pot of money available to LAs to make good where people have been turned down for help with care fees. :confused:

I haven't seen anything about this in the papers or on the news. Anyone else join me in thinking this is just too good to be true?:confused:

Bastan

Feb 10, 2011
Manchester
I don't understand why this illness is classed as social and not medical. My Nats is fortunate to have CHC, however I'm not sure why he does????? (I'm so grateful he has)

Saffie your Dave sounds on a par with my husband, so why do we have it and you do not. I've been told that every time a person is granted CHC it is a victory for the disease.

Is it a postcode lottery thing..........surely not.

I will be tuning into news at ten later Pied, just in case........

Bastan. xxx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Do you know, I must have a less of a pessimistic nature than I realised - or be more gullible - but I thought that I'd walk over to get the paper this morning - just in case!:confused: As I unlocked the door, I thought that can't be right - LAs don't allocate CHC - it's the NHS!:rolleyes: No chance of that being true then!:(