Pocket contents?

Maggiemay

Mar 26, 2009
YORK, UK
Tissues here too ;) and napkins! Mum also tears hers in half...
and in her handbag I find pieces of meat that she's not been able to eat at lunch which she 'saves' to make a sandwich for tea :eek: Yuk!

Meercat

Aug 13, 2010
Don't know about the contents of my M's pockets but do know she has the equivalent content of a whole filing cabinet in her handbag!!!

comane

Jan 20, 2010
UK
hiding

I lost the key of the car for some weeks and one day my wife wearing a jacket she does not usually wear suddenly produced the keys from her pocket, Great. I took the car for service and the garage delivered it back but we did not hear the door bell. Finding the car reurned I rang the garage to find where the key was.. He had put it through the letter box. I rushed to the letter box but she had got there before me and there was no key. She of course had no memory of taking it. It ths now been lost for three weeks and I have looked in every pocket in the house to no avail. The car will have to be towed for 10 miles to have a new key coded in! Fortunately we have a second car but I was planning to give this one to my son whose car has failed.
Her handbag used to be hidden every day and could usually be found in a variety of places, once wrapped up in a towel under a matress.. But this time it has been lost for a month. Fortunately I had removed the credit cards.
My wallet disappeared once and I cancelled my cards but one tay she announced that she had found it in the back of a drawer underneath her under clothes!
I now hide everything myself but fortunately I can always remember where I have hidden them.

VickyH

Jun 25, 2009
Leeds
Pebbles

My dad collects pebbles, i find them in all his pockets, in all rooms of the house, and he even hides them in his shoes! :D

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Trevs pockets used to contain anything that was not screwed down,and sometimes even if the item had been previousley. forks spoons always a favourite, any mail he could get his hands on, my keys and any one eles if they put them down they were in Trevs pockets in a flash, chocolate, used toiletpaper which i initially thought was chocolate in my naievety, bars of half chewed soap, i had forgotten about all this as Trev cannot move a muscle unaided now I wish he could stuff his pockets with any thing he liked today another favourite was remotes they still have not resufaced so i have to mess for ages to change channels, so usually end up watching same station all night as he managed to put pamnel lock on 3 of out tvs. oh happy days Pam

sunny

Sep 1, 2006
whilst Mum was alive tissues - everywhere. She loved her tissue paper! she could fiddle with it all the time.

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Tissues, napkins...

Yes, we're in the tissues, napkins & house keys camp also. And a tissue always tightly clutched in the hand that can barely hold a handrail or walking stick properly, no matter that it hinders the tenuous grasp even further...

and carrier bags being used as bin bags, hooked onto the knobs on drawers, usually containing mixtures of chocolate and babybel cheese wrappers, tissues, important post, tissues, rotting fruit, tissues - you get the picture?

The tissue companies must be making a fortune!

KarenR

Oct 25, 2009
Nr. Basingstoke
I will get hubby to read this thread as he thinks it is just my mother that has an obsession with tissues!

Mum has either toilet paper or kitchen roll and spends most afternoons ripping them into pieces. The other day she did the toilet roll in three sheet pieces, but found she had a few two sheet pieces so she started to rip one off each to make them match. Then she realised she had some smaller one sheet pieces, so proceeded to rip all the two sheet pieces in half to match. She later folded them and stuffed them inside the cushion.

Does anyone else have a cushion problem?

After 4pm mum spends most of the time putting things into the three cushions in her room, like her drinking glass, hearing aid, chocolate bars, tissues, her teddy bear (bit of a squash that one :D), her hairbrush, torch, remote control, photos, etc. etc. In fact if something is missing I try the cushions first.:D She also tries to bring us the cushions and gets mad if we tell her to take them back to the sofa. They are patterned to match the sofa, and she often talks about the 'writing' on them, but there is none. :cool:

If it is a 'bad' day she moves other things like the large cushions from the back of the sofa, she moves her comode into her conservatory and even moves the cane coffee table from the conservatory to the lounge and stands it upright on its side. She sometimes puts tables on top of each other. If asked, she will deny she does it unless caught redhanded. Sometimes she will complain about the amount of 'work' she's doing as if it's a job. :rolleyes:

sunny

Sep 1, 2006
Well, now let me say Mum used to go into the toilet and one day in the early days she was a very long time so I just had to knock on the door and pop my head around to see if all was ok and what do you think I found well.............

There she was pulling off bits of toilet paper and dropping them down the loo and then pulling the flush and looking delightedly at the paper as it whirled around the bottom of the pan before disappearing, now I know why she used to take a very long time in the loo.

To know it is to believe it.

Last edited:

JanetP

Jun 2, 2009
It's the handbag for my MIL. If you ever need a pen, then that's the place to look. Also, teabags, toilet roll, sanitary pads, the boy's lego, teaspoons and two weeks ago - strawberries that we had picked at the PYO farm :rolleyes:

Jakkles

May 28, 2010
London
Tissues and Keys!

I thought UiL had shares in Kleenex! When he could get out he was always buying boxes of them! Now he is at home it is a toilet roll constantly being used to wipe things before using them then screwed up and probably stuffed down the side of his chair! MiL was walking around with umpteen keys so hubby surreptitiously took most out and brought them home. Also saw UiL's car keys (has not had car for years) on table next to him yesterday. Bags and bags of papers which we have been bringing home to sort out, now our home looks like theirs in that respect!
It is nice to chuckle about something for a change!
Jakkles