Plug socket timers

Humptyw

Sep 9, 2023
Can anyone please recommend a simple plug socket timer that ensures the power cuts after a set time? It’s for mums sandwich toaster. She forgets to turn the plug switch off. I need it to be simple. Needs to be set for a set time every use. Say 30 minutes. So if she forgets to switch the plug off after the time it takes to make her toastie (about 20 minutes) it switches off automatically at a later point. There must be nothing she has to do that’s unfamiliar so all she knows is next time she uses it, the switch is in off position ready to start again. She loves her toasties!! Despite the odd stuff she puts in them.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
will very much depend if she makes it at a set time.
A gadget that switches on at 12 noon, and off again at 2 will be easier to find than something that will switch something off after 30 mins use
Is therea window in which she makes her toastie?

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @Humptyw and welcome to Talking Point.

There are timers available on the likes of Amazon, Argos etc., but I do not know how simple that they would be to use.

Humptyw

Sep 9, 2023
will very much depend if she makes it at a set time.
A gadget that switches on at 12 noon, and off again at 2 will be easier to find than something that will switch something off after 30 mins use
Is therea window in which she makes her toastie?
Unfortunately not. Can be any time which is why I’m specifically looking for something that i can set for a specified length of time. So as soon as she switches the plug on at the socket it will switch itself off if she forgets. It could be an hour or so after just as long as it doesn’t end up being on for too long. Other appliances like toaster, wash machine etc all stop on their built in timers. Perhaps we should have bought a different toastie machine!! But this one is so good for her in all other ways. Flat plates (easy to wipe), no buttons to mess with etc.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
You could wire it through a push button timer often used for lighting on communal spaces.
You would have to get it mounted in a box fitted with a 13A plug lead and either a socket to plug the toaster into or preferably have the toaster hard wired.
You would have to make sure the timer could handle the load of the toaster as some will not and the settable time range is OK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janet1980