photos have arrived

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
The photos have arrived!
A friend of mine Jayne went to collect them for me and the guy at the printers was very encouraging:D

She said she will really look forwrd to coming into work and seeing them on the walls!
Below is the wording to go on the introductory board in the foyer

I havnt mentioned that I've got dementia cos my family arent in touch and dont know
so I decided to word it from the TIA angle (cos they know about that);)

THE FOYER BOARD

The photographs I have taken are collectively called
“Blue Sky Thinking” and reflect hope and looking at life from a new perspective.
This exhibition came about from a tiny seed of thought after I had taken a series of pictures of Ox-Eye Daisies in Pattishall churchyard.
They were growing above the wall on a grassy bank, the sky was a beautiful blue that day and they looked so pure and alive and it led me to take a series of photos over the last 2 years which have now become the focus of my “Blue Sky Thinking” Exhibition.

The second phase in the photographing began with me taking a photo of a Crown Imperial and then wondering what it looked like from an insect’s eye view.
The underneath of the flower was so beautiful and intricate and rarely looked at so I decided to follow this line of thought.
The results were amazing and led me to take a lot of pictures from this vantage point, much to the amazement and embarrassment of some of my friends!

It has been such an inspirational activity for me and I hope you will derive as much pleasure from the photographs as I have.

Following a series of TIA's (mini strokes) my life has changed and I want to show that life is full of moments to be seized and new opportunities that have come about through a life altering situation.

Part of the emphasis of this exhibition is to hopefully inspire people to bring moments of happiness to both the cared for and the carer through the use of memory books.

The proceeds of the sale of photographs in this exhibition
will be divided between the Alzheimer’s Society and Heartcry Compassion in Action (Reg Charity No 1091912)

Thanks for all your support

The candle photo is amazing:D:D:D

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Really looking forward to seeing them Sarah.

I know it will be hard work getting them there and in the right place but do take time to enjoy putting the exhibition together. Did you say you would have a website with all the details or was I dreaming that? Love & Hugs XXX

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Your not dreaming Margaret its nearly there the website that is!
Our office is now littered with photos, mounts, mountboard sheets,
but i am pretty tired so i will overcome the temptation to do any more tonight;)
a friend came for tea and he was so impressed he gave me some more money towards it!

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I did the first one wrong:eek:

but i was able to rectify it:)

I rang the company i got the mounts from for advice and they were very helpful

trying to pace myself will make sure i have a good rest

the good news is that i had lent Clive a folding table which was one of the few things I had from my Dads after he died
It was in our office and its got a raised edge around it
I placed the mount onto the table and its the perfect size for me to mount them and has made it so much easier:):):)

Daddy would have been so excited about the exhibition, so it's nice to think he's helped me

Will post a photo in a bit of work in progress!

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Work in progress

Hi just to let you see the work is in progress slow but sure!

Attachments

• P1190265 (600x800).jpg
    P1190265 (600x800).jpg
    220 KB · Views: 454
  • P1190266 (800x600).jpg
    P1190266 (800x600).jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 438

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
The mounts are nearly all done so i am going for a rest;)

slight problem with short term memory wondered why things werent sticking
I'd forgotten to peel off the backing tape on the acid free double mount tape:mad:

still I am nealry there

sponsor cards to do next but the public wont see exhibition till monday so will do those in the morrning thought it was best to do photos first or there wouldnt have been anything up to sponsor!

I cant believe how I ever took these photos!

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
The photos and the display are amazing! you must be so proud of what you've achieved.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That looks so good - I can't wait to see a pic of them all on display! xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Sarah , You have worked very hard :) & it all looks Fab " Love the Blue Sky Thinking " :):)

Love Grove x x P S Hope you enjoyed the BBQ ! ! :)

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Technical hitch

the good news and the bad news

bad news first someone forgot to pick up the special tabs I'd ordered to hang the photos with

the good news they will let me hang them tomorrow afternoon so that gives me a bit longer to finish off a couple of bits I really wanted to do!

definately a case of don't curse the darkness - light a candle!

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
bad news first someone forgot to pick up the special tabs I'd ordered to hang the photos with
Gosh Sarah if those had been my photos, that person would have been mincemeat!:D

So looking forward to seeing the final product.. you're doing amazingly well! Big gold star for that girl.:D