Petition for people with dementia of all ages who receive either Attendance Allowance or PIP/DLA

Browny10

Dec 20, 2019
Thanks that's great.

I have managed to get a petition into the English Parliament with an observation that says I need the laws changing.

I have a petition under consideration in the Scottish Parliament

All Irish councils already backdate to the date of GP certification even though their system is slightly different.

Because Council Tax is devolved to each parliament, I am looking to petition the Welsh Parliament. This needs someone living in Wales to submit the petition and two people living in Wales to support the petition. I have prepared the Welsh Petition documentation. Once a Welsh petition is up and running it only needs 250 online signatures for it to be considered by the Welsh petitions committee.

Anyone in Wales can submit the petition however someone with a passion to improve the financial support for families dealing with dementia would probably have the determination to follow it through.

Pejic

Jul 2, 2022
Thanks that's great.

I have managed to get a petition into the English Parliament with an observation that says I need the laws changing.

I have a petition under consideration in the Scottish Parliament

All Irish councils already backdate to the date of GP certification even though their system is slightly different.

Because Council Tax is devolved to each parliament, I am looking to petition the Welsh Parliament. This needs someone living in Wales to submit the petition and two people living in Wales to support the petition. I have prepared the Welsh Petition documentation. Once a Welsh petition is up and running it only needs 250 online signatures for it to be considered by the Welsh petitions committee.

Anyone in Wales can submit the petition however someone with a passion to improve the financial support for families dealing with dementia would probably have the determination to follow it through.
I live in Wales and will help. Are you sure this is not already in force throughout Wales, I have just got mine, though I had to brave the argument that although the SMI rebate IS a Council tax rebate, it is not a Council Tax Rebate rebate and I should not have confused THEM!

Browny10

Dec 20, 2019
I live in Wales and will help. Are you sure this is not already in force throughout Wales, I have just got mine, though I had to brave the argument that although the SMI rebate IS a Council tax rebate, it is not a Council Tax Rebate rebate and I should not have confused THEM!
Hi Pejic. My campaign is to get the SMI discount backdated to the date of GP certification and not the date of receipt of the qualifying benefit ( Attendance Allowance or DLA/PIP).
It will depend on where you live in Wales. 7 of the 22 Welsh councils already backdate to the date of GP certification ( as do127 of the 382 councils across the UK) and my campaign and the request I am asking to go to the Welsh parliament is to require all councils to backdate to the date of GP certification. In Wales that would benefit an additional 7,202 families by anything between £200 and £10,400 in the form of a one-off credit on their council tax bill. I can send you a draft and link to the petition if you send me your email address to contact@dementiaguidance.co.uk

Thanks

Pejic

Jul 2, 2022
Hi Pejic. My campaign is to get the SMI discount backdated to the date of GP certification and not the date of receipt of the qualifying benefit ( Attendance Allowance or DLA/PIP).
It will depend on where you live in Wales. 7 of the 22 Welsh councils already backdate to the date of GP certification ( as do127 of the 382 councils across the UK) and my campaign and the request I am asking to go to the Welsh parliament is to require all councils to backdate to the date of GP certification. In Wales that would benefit an additional 7,202 families by anything between £200 and £10,400 in the form of a one-off credit on their council tax bill. I can send you a draft and link to the petition if you send me your email address to contact@dementiaguidance.co.uk

Thanks
Done

Pejic

Jul 2, 2022
9,437 #dementia households in Wales are entitled to a reduction in their council tax yet only 3,572 receive the full discount. Please sign and resend this petition, Thank you, https://petitions.senedd.wales/petitions/245295
I have looked for this post on other Dementia Point forums, without success (particularly the Carer's one), from your e:mail address, I guess you are more familiar with the etiquette than me.

Browny10

Dec 20, 2019
One minute of your time could raise up to £60 Million pounds of Council Tax Discount by a change in the Welsh law for people with #dementia. No 50k marathon, no rattling a tin in the high street, just your name on this form https://petitions.senedd.wales/petitions/245295
Hi Pejic I don't seem to get any response from the two CarersUK sites​