Personal Hygiene

anaworm

May 30, 2023
I am looking for advice please ..... my mum is 91 and is not capable of looking after her own personal hygiene and definitely not keen on having others wash her. Due to her mobility and fear factor we can not get her into a shower or a bath. Do people have ideas/solutions for washing 'down below'. Thank you in advance for your help with this :)

extoyboy

Oct 2, 2021
I am looking for advice please ..... my mum is 91 and is not capable of looking after her own personal hygiene and definitely not keen on having others wash her. Due to her mobility and fear factor we can not get her into a shower or a bath. Do people have ideas/solutions for washing 'down below'. Thank you in advance for your help with this :)

We use patient wipes (large baby wipes that come in a bucket with a dispensing lid) for some cleaning tasks and when she's been in hospital they've usually used a combination of spray foam and Conti dry wipes.

We order them from Amazon.

anaworm

May 30, 2023
We use patient wipes (large baby wipes that come in a bucket with a dispensing lid) for some cleaning tasks and when she's been in hospital they've usually used a combination of spray foam and Conti dry wipes.

We order them from Amazon.
Thank you :)

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Would your mum be happy having a strip wash at the sink?
Cover the rest of her with towels apart from the bit that is being washed and use two flannels - a different one for the nether regions
Use in-wash sanitiser to prevent cross infection when you wash the flannels/towels