People who have successfully removed an abusive Power of Attorney, what is your story?

EvieMay

Nov 4, 2017
We have provided the Social Services with endless evidence of emotional abuse but we are either dismissed or even completely ignored. How did you manage to engage the Social Services/Police and what evidence did you give?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @EvieMay and welcome to DTP

I am sorry to hear about this. Neither the police, not Social Services have the authority to remove someone from POA - only the Office of Public Guardians can do this. Have you contacted them?

EvieMay

Nov 4, 2017
Hello @EvieMay and welcome to DTP

I am sorry to hear about this. Neither the police, not Social Services have the authority to remove someone from POA - only the Office of Public Guardians can do this. Have you contacted them?
To clarify, we contacted the Police and Social Services with our abuse and concerns, and the Public Guardians about PoA. None of which were listened too. My fault for posting so late at night! These things really just don't let you sleep sometimes.

MarieD

Dec 26, 2021
I can't give any practical advice unfortunately but have had a similar experience with not being listened to by the OPG and social services so can really sympathise. I know and understand how very frustrating it can be, I wouldn't have believed that such a situation could occur and still find the lack of interest in our problems from these people unbelievable. I often wake up in the early hours frustrated, annoyed and worried and throughout the day feel angry and worried. Much as I would like to I can't go into details here (I really wish I could) other than to say that my sister and her partner are extremely devious people. My sister has a track record of causing trouble pretty much wherever she goes.
Oh gosh this sounds exactly the same as what I’m going through. I know we’ll never get the money back that’s been stolen and I’ve excepted that but it’s just the injustice of it all. I feel everything I’ve tried to do has failed. I have sleepless nights as I feel like I’ve let my mum down. On receiving the outcome From the OPG’s investigation recently where they’ve said no wrong doing has taken place I received a text from the person in question of a laughing emoji face.
This person to has a track record of lying and deceit and has lived of benefits all their life , they really do know how to play the system!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trey0407