Overwhelmed by the need to balance demands

brackenbeth59

Sep 1, 2023
I posted a few weeks ago on here about telling my sister who has Alzheimer's about my brother's cancer diagnosis. She does now realise that he is very poorly, and has seen him recently. However, I have noticed that her confusion is increasing over time, and I feel overwhelmed and exhausted by this, especially as my husband has PPMS. I also have my own health issues. I had a Carer's Assessment last year, and also attended CRiSP, but feel like I need some more support just for me. Because of the different pulls on my time, what are the options?
Oh, and just to make you smile, my dog threw up today :)

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @brackenbeth59 You really do have a lot to deal with at present so it is no wonder that you need more support just for you. You say that you had a carers assessment last year, did they offer you any respite breaks at that time. If not, I would get back to the local authority social services and tell them that you are overwhelmed with your caring responsibilities and that you are heading for carer breakdown and that you need more support both for you and also your sister. I do hope that this helps a little.