Our Final Moment Together

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so very sorry Acco,
though I am glad that Pat passed peacefully, and in your loving arms.
You describe how most of us would wish to gently move on from this world.

Wishing you strength in the coming weeks.
Love Geum xxxx

tigerqueen

Mar 11, 2014
Essex
Dear Acco
Thank you so much for sharing your last moments with your loved one, I too was very moved. Pat was so lucky to have such a beautiful partner and that she was calm and safe in your arms at the end of her life.

Take comfort in the peacefulness you have given her in the sad days ahead
love to you x

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
So sorry for your loss Acco, but also glad for your sake that it was so peaceful, and you got those final moments together.

Feline

Oct 25, 2012
East Devon
The love of my life, Pat, passed peacefully away in my arms tonight.
Whilst in my arms I sang our night time routine songs, said The Lords Prayer and sang Psalm 23 as best I could remember it. I then told Pat again that I loved her and she would always be in my heart and memory. I thanked her for all the love and joy she had given to me and told her there was nothing more to be said and she could now leave me and be at peace. I kissed her and said, 'Goodbye'. A moment later she was gone.
A beautiful period and my hopes and prayers came true; together at home for a peaceful end to the trials we have both faced over the last 10years of that dreadful disease.
I know the manner of her passing will be a comfort to me over the coming days and weeks.
Thank you for your kindness and support shown to us via Talking Point.

I am so sorry you have lost"your Pat", that must be a wonderful way to leave, being in your husbands arms , knowing he loves you so much. Take care of yourself now, God bless.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Your post brought tears to my eyes, when reading that you had lost your beloved Pat. I know you don't feel especially lucky at the moment, but it was wonderful that you had this golden opportunity to say all those things, to pray, to sing, and to hold her tenderly in your arms.

There cannot be a wife, or husband, who wouldn't want to slip quietly away from this life to the next, being told by their beloved how much they love them. Thank you for sharing those lovely moments. xxx

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Your post brought tears to my eyes, when reading that you had lost your beloved Pat. I know you don't feel especially lucky at the moment, but it was wonderful that you had this golden opportunity to say all those things, to pray, to sing, and to hold her tenderly in your arms.

There cannot be a wife, or husband, who wouldn't want to slip quietly away from this life to the next, being told by their beloved how much they love them. Thank you for sharing those lovely moments. xxx

I couldn't say this as well as Scarlett has. This was exactly what I felt and thought when I read your post about Pat. Please accept my condolences too x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
The love of my life, Pat, passed peacefully away in my arms tonight.
Whilst in my arms I sang our night time routine songs, said The Lords Prayer and sang Psalm 23 as best I could remember it. I then told Pat again that I loved her and she would always be in my heart and memory. I thanked her for all the love and joy she had given to me and told her there was nothing more to be said and she could now leave me and be at peace. I kissed her and said, 'Goodbye'. A moment later she was gone.
A beautiful period and my hopes and prayers came true; together at home for a peaceful end to the trials we have both faced over the last 10years of that dreadful disease.
I know the manner of her passing will be a comfort to me over the coming days and weeks.
Thank you for your kindness and support shown to us via Talking Point.
You are an inspiration - SL

Acco

Oct 3, 2011
Thankyou

It is very, very hard to continue without my loved one but our children, adults, need my support and friendship at this time as indeed I need and receive theirs. Thank you all for your lovely kind responses. This is the week when I will need to call upon all my strength as we finally lay Pat to rest and I pay my final tribute to her for all the wonderful times she has given to me and our sons.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Acco, my thoughts are with you I am sure you will find the strength to go through this last tribute to Pat with the help and support of your family. Wishing you strength and peace for the future.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
What a wonderful farewell you gave your wife. I'm sure she felt secure in your love.
So peaceful but nevertheless a very sad time for you. My sincere condolences. x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch