Opening a savings account for dad with LPA

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by marts1711, May 30, 2015.

1. marts1711

marts1711 Registered User

Oct 25, 2014
    Hi
    I have another thread going on on here at the moment and hope this doesn't annoy anyone but there are so many things going on at the moment.
    I want to open a savings account in dads name (so that I don't have any tax implications). I already hold a joint current account with him but really need a savings account. I hold a property and financial LPA. Has anyone had any experience of doing this??

2. Lancashirelady

Lancashirelady Registered User

Oct 7, 2014
    I have POA for my Mum and I opened a cash ISA for her without any problems, though all the staff in her small local bank have know us both for years. They also helped me to set up internet banking which I used to transfer some money into a one year bond.

3. Pete R

Pete R Registered User

Jul 26, 2014
    Staffs
    Doesn't annoy me.:)

Give the bank a ring and make an appointment to see them. I am guessing you haven't told them about the LPA yet?