one year on

POPPY67

Mar 5, 2010
yorkshire
hello well its one year today since i lost my mam ! been a tough year i still feel the guilt as i remember the last time i saw her she looked up at me her eyes were asking me something but no words ! i looked down at her and said if you want to go then go,3 days later she had i rember the night befor been at work was going to go and see her but was so tired i do not go the guilt still with me

HelenMG

May 1, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Dear dear Poppy,
I know how hard it is one year on. So many things come back to haunt us - dont they?. Despite all the good things we have done it is the things we didnt do because we were tired or worn out that we seem to remember ! This illness surely does deal both us and our loved ones a very tough hand to play but i do believe that we all do our best, as best we can - even if we think that falls short sometimes. I too am finding it tough - a year and a half on from my Dads passing. All we can do is acknowledge the love we feel for our dear ones and the love we know they felt for us. These days I am looking for photos of my dad during good times we shared and when he was smiling and full of life. I am finding some lovely photos and memories too that I hope will help blot out the sadness of later times.
Big hug
HelenMG

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Poppy,

Such a sad day for you. I'm sure you'll have all sorts of memories and I'm sure you've been re-living the events of a year ago for a while now.

Please be kind to yourself. A year passes so quickly, and it doesn't feel long enough...at least that's how I felt when my dad died. It's just gone 2 years since, and I still can't believe he's gone. It all seems so recent. And now mum's gone too and it's been nearly 5 weeks. Time just goes too fast.

No advice on how to get through it. I don't think I consciously did...but the sun did set, and it rose again the next day...only I didn't really notice...

Take care, cry your eyes out, and then raise a glass to your dear mum. Hopefully, as the years pass, we'll mark the days filled with happiness in their memory, and less so the days of sadness. But it's only been 12 months.

Thinking of you and sending love, xxx

together

May 25, 2010
Derbyshire
Dear Poppy, Isn't it odd how time seems to fly in one sense and last for ever in another. It's not quite a year yet for me but it's a year this weekend since I first visited her in hopsital (the beginning of the end) in deep snow and guess what we have snow on the hill tops today. Theres no escaping those memories and your description of how your Mum was hits home too. I do try and steer away and look for happy times but know it's hard. Hope you can find some happy memories to hold onto, thinking of you
Katherine x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5