One help Telephone Number

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
City of Birmingham Adults and Communities (Social Services)
now has a one stop telephone number
(0121) 303 1234,easy to remember.
No buttons ,no machines ,real people who can advice or point the right direction for help.
Norman

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Excellent. How did you find out about it Norman?
I`m just wondering if other areas have something similar but it is not well known.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I`m just wondering if other areas have something similar but it is not well known

Contact your Local Alzheimer’s Society branch, even if your husband does not go to there day centre you can still be part of there mailing list as a member of the branch

I received a letter from my local Alzheimer’s Society branch telling me about

This service is for Cares looking after someone who lives in the borough of hammersmith / Fulham in London

Carers Emergency Support

It says The Carer’s Emergency support Service is designed to help carer have peace of mind when they are away from the person they care for . It provides them with a pocket sized card that they carry with them , that can be used if they have an accident , are taken ill, Or cannot get back to the person they care for . The card is to alert other that there is someone needing support who relies on them.

The carer will be given a pocket- size card to place in their purse/ wallet that , in the event of an emergency will alert people that they are a carer and someone depends on them, On the card there will be a Carer's registration number and the telephone of Supoporta . Which Operated 24 hours per day . 7 days a week , 365 days a year

Supporta staff will respond by following the instructions on the Emergency plan. Which may mean contacting a friend, relative, or providing support themselves . After 48 hours they will help plan for long – term cover if required

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well done Norman. :)
What an excellent service. It takes someone who`s `been there` to know what`s needed. :)
Love xx