On My Own

byrnedjp

Mar 21, 2013
London
I have no Social Worker, Carers Centre refer you elsewhere because of "budget cuts", Dementia Advisor on long term sick leave, everything thing else is "volunteer" based or part time and call between 2 and 4 on a Thursday

Great Times

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
TP's here byrnedjp so don't feel alone but I know exactly what you mean re. real practical care support, its far from easy.

The breakdown of the social care system is appalling and never will it save money:mad:

Best wishes to you
Sue:)

1mindy

Jul 21, 2015
Shropshire
It is clearly very different depending where you are in the country. I have recently been having a really bad time with my OH and cmht have been more than amazing. My cmht nurse calls in a couple of times a week to see how we are going on. She says she can come every day if I feel like I need her.Today she has phoned and is coming out with the sss assessor for OH. The. Consultant came out with the nurse a few weeks ago to discuss his medication. Just fab .Can't speak highly enough of them.
Sorry your not getting the support as it is vital or you will feel so alone. Thinking of you.

byrnedjp

Mar 21, 2013
London
Thanks 1mindy

Its just the realisation that there is no help out there - as in the case of the dementia advisor - built up a relationship over the past 2 years - shes knows all the details of my struggle with the District Nurses - then when i have a Formal complaint to make she disappears on long term sick leave

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
As you say, it is patchy, not only geographically but between the services, I have been very impressed by NHS services delivered through Consultant and CPN and more recently when John was admitted to hospital with a chest infection.

Social services seem to be less efficient or understaffed and resourced. It is hard to work out at times exactly what their problem is. If I call into their local office there seems to be a surplus of people wandering about or sitting at desks but the front line staff who need to be making major decisions and calling out to do assessment seem to be thinner on the ground.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwpp