obsessions?

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
Strange that so many do watch TV in homes (one reason why my mother didn't want to go in a home), and carers said their other clients didn't like them coming during Coronation St. or Eastenders.

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
Anna is constantly asking me to take her home, and to visit her mother(died thirty years ago) I...........does anyone know of any tablet or drug that will calm Anna down and let me get some peace?

Fredrick Hi -

I am in the first flush of youth compared to you but it's driving me nuts as well at the moment -- if you do find a drug to calm her down please tell me about it!!!

The evenings are difficult - I have moved Monique down to a bedroom on the same floor as the lounge so I do not have to go so far when she calls... but she wants to go to bed around 9.30 and is constantly demanding attention until midnight - every few minutes - (because she is alone and frightened and wants to go home - get the next train out of here)

The nerologist has just reduced her calm down dosage and changed it to one that is less damaging!!! Great - Monique is now more alert and thoroughly unhappy most of the time instead of just some of the time!! The GP thinks it is a mistake (I think) but can only prescribe that which the Neurologist permits..

There must be something to reduce the anxity levels --- give them a better 'trip'

Michael

Lonestray

Aug 3, 2006
Hereford
Staring

Hi, My wife is always staring and I'm sure I know why. She's trying to relate to the features, mostly of women you see she always worked with women. When asked to discribe her I say "She's a womans' woman, they told her their problems she was a good listener"
The other week at the supermarket check-out she was staring at the check-out girl, I explained it's OK she's trying to figure you out. She replied "My Mom used to work with her!" There's a lot going on in that head. Bye for now and God bless. Padraig

frederickgt

Jun 4, 2005
Hornchurch,Essex

Went to the Doctor today,Margarita,he has given her a calming pill called Zopiclone,and finding difficult to remember where I put things,can two AD sufferers take care of each other?

jan.

Apr 19, 2006
Cheshire, UK.
Frederickgt, Hi,

I think the strain you are under is causing you a lot of stress. Did you mention to the doctor about how YOU are feeling under the circumstances? If not, then i think it`s time to see to yourself as you will only be able to help your wife if you are well yourself, physically and mentally, please go and see him.

As for forgetting where things are, i think we`re all like that at some time no matter what age we are?!?! Have you considered buying a case with compartments in for tablets? They usually have the days of the week on them, i found mine to be invaluable, i think you can buy them at the chemists, i bought mine through Betterware of all places:D

Most of all i think that once your stress levels are under control, then you`ll find the forgetfulness will subside. Try listening to some calm music that both you and your wife enjoy together.

Please let us know how you get on after seeing the doctor......for you.
Keep smiling Frederickgt.

Jan.:)

frederickgt

Jun 4, 2005
Hornchurch,Essex
Thank you for your thoughts Jan,however things have taken a sudden turn for the worse,it is now 11;50pm,Anna refuses to go back to bed,she went earlier,I helped her with her nightdress,tucked her in,kissed her good night,she thanked me for looking after her,and I left her in bed.
Just a halfhour later she got up again fuly dressed and said she wanted me to take her to Church.
She absolutely refuses to go back to bed wants nothing to do with me,what am I to do now?
In the mornng she may repeat may have forgotten,but this situation can only get worse.
Am I to put her in a home? How can I afford it,we are both peensioners and the little savings we have has nearly all been spent extending our bungalow so that we can be more comfortable, I wanted to turn it into a little paradise for her,now everything seems in vain

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
frederickgt you did make me :) when you said
finding difficult to remember where I put things,can two AD sufferers take care of each other?
as that what happen you me , sometime my mind just go blank :eek: :rolleyes: lol . yes jan right we are just under a lot of strain , stress , hope your geting all the out side help that SW can offer , or family
Members to give you time out to clear the mind ?

jan.Do you get help from the district nurse with pads for incontinence for your father ?

I know that when my mother was like that it was hell , but she got Exbixa and it all stop , but mum got Exbixa before NICE stop it .

I do wonder also
If I had let nature take it cause, mum would not have improved so much, was it all worth it I ask myself I cannot answer that because I have mix feeling .

I had no choice in the matter with medication for AZ , because mum just given it , but when I read on TP how fast the AZ take hold without medication , it does make me sad , because I saw an improvement in my mother , like your father incontinence . yes I would ask the consultant what he thing is best for your father .

My mother scored now is 10 and she is not incontinence , still look forward to daycenter and know all of us still , and still wants to meet an man and get marry lol Like they say when you seen one AZ person , you've only seen one

carolynWhat an uncaring company you work for, ( it says on your profile your a SW:eek: anyway best that your not working with all the stress from your husband.

I know it all depends on your income, but I hope you have sorted out all benefits that you are entitled to income support for you ,carer allowance , or unemployment benefits and seeing that you can’t work , because of caring for your husband they have to give you something unless you have high saving.

Or are you back working ?

They can still give you income support even if you own your own property, also AA for your husband.

I keep saying husband, but I wonder are you legally married? As I wonder then do they take in a partner income? When claiming benefits for you .

Today i feel that the worse part of all the stress is seeing our love one change , that is one hard thing , that I can not get use to

No matter how postive I feel , but postive smile I give to my mother , people say but think how they feel :rolleyes: the truth is I belive , that they do not see themself ill , well my mother does not at this stage she in .

I am in a way glad about that , hard puting on a brave face for her , but I do it . that song that come to my mind now
The Great pretender :) thats me :)

Michael E is your wife Not on Exbixa (sp) anymore , or has it stop working for her , if so how long was it that it stop working , as my mum been on it for 3 years and thank god its still working .

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
Michael E is your wife Not on Exbixa (sp) anymore , or has it stop working for her , if so how long was it that it stop working , as my mum been on it for 3 years and thank god its still working

Yes she is still on Ebixa - She was taking a couple of ant-depressants - Tripidial and Dexorat. After a pretty dodgy time in the summer the larger doses of both calmed her down and she became pretty docile and not unhappy.

The Neurologist has changed the Tripiadal for Equinal which he feels is more user friendly - and reduced the Dexorat dosage by half.... The result of this appears to be that Monique is pretty unhappy most evenings - mentally disturbed and in distress - Sundowning big time - and is sleeping less but not that 'happy' during the day... Heaven knows what is right - dopey but happyish - bright but unhappy...

difficult call ---

Michael

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
frederickgt said:
Thank you for your thoughts Jan,however things have taken a sudden turn for the worse,it is now 11;50pm,Anna refuses to go back to bed,she went earlier,I helped her with her nightdress,tucked her in,kissed her good night,she thanked me for looking after her,and I left her in bed.
Just a halfhour later she got up again fuly dressed and said she wanted me to take her to Church.
She absolutely refuses to go back to bed wants nothing to do with me,what am I to do now?
hi Frederickgt
Take heart....this may not last.....mum was like this when she lived at her house but when she moved in with us she seemed to get a sleep pattern back. It is very exhausting at the time. Having said that we are now entering a new phase like your wife. I'll put mum to bed and within a few minutes she's up and pacing from room to room,moving chairs about as she goes,opening and closing doors,not greatly anxious but just unable to settle......its probably easier for me as she sleeps downstairs.....i block the stairs off and leave her to it......the other morning i found several dining chairs in her bedroom:confused:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Gosh Mel for nearly half a year my mother use to do that, and I did not even know then that she had dementia.

She would move chairs around ,banging them around and always in the middle of the night I use to think she was doing it to wind me up , she go to bed wake up half hour later and want breakfast . wonder from one bedroom to another , use the bath as a toilet .

when I saw that I cried, I did not undertand what was going on . I was clueless and felt so helpless in helping mum .

That’s when I went to the doctor told them all this sent to consultant 5 mouths later was told she had AZ he gave her exbixa and it all amazingly all stop.

Its not all in Vain , Frederickgt sorry did not see your last posting

you done what you thought best at that time , before it has got to this stage, take her to the church in the middle of the night or just a walk around the corner , maybe buy that time she forgotten where she wanted to go , just a thought .

Try to get cap naps during the day , phone SW and tell them what is happening see if they can offer help and find out how they can fund your wife in a care home . if you come to that desistion .

They do an assessment on your income and while you are living in your home, you don’t have to sale it to fund your wife.

They can give you more surport During the day so you can get sleep, as get someone to sit with your wife while you get some time for you, even if your still in the house while carer sits with your wife while you sleep , so your have more energy for the night time that your wife is up . do you have a SW ? what surport do you get now ?

SW will give you all the support you want, ones you say Care home to them.

MichaelI would say Tripidial and Dexorat. docile and not unhappy.

what is Equinal for ? why did he add that for ?

Last edited:

jan.

Apr 19, 2006
Cheshire, UK.
Hi Margarita,

Dad does get pads from the incontinence team, in fact where we live in Cheshire, everyone involved have been really helpful, i couldn`t fault any of them.

I think i`ll see if the consultant can prescribe Exbixa for dad as he`s tried Aricept and Reminyl, and as he`s already having medication from the now banned list by Nice the consultant might still be able to prescribe it for him? If not then i`m afraid it will be a matter of nature taking it`s course, because i don`t think there`s anything else they can offer him?

FREDERICKGT,

How are things? Have you been to see your G.P. again?? Like Margarita said you can contact the social workers yourself for help, they should then arrange with you a suitable time to come and see you and your wife to assess you both and discuss your needs. They will answer any of the questions you have and arrange respite care for you and/or day care as and when you need it. I find i need at least 3weeks a year, to blow away the cobwebs and dust myself down, i believe you can have as much as 6weeks a year if you need it, these are the sort of questions they will answer for you. Good luck Frederickgt.

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
MichaelI would say Tripidial and Dexorat. docile and not unhappy.

what is Equinal for ? why did he add that for ?

The Equinal is the substitute for Tripadal and half the Dexorat dose... Tripadal was causing occasional 'Parkinsons' trembling type symptoms - very occasionally.. So he has taken her off that completely - the Dexorat he considered to large a dose...

Who knows?

love

Michael

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I am a pain , but I am now wondering what was happening to Monique when she was Just on Exbiza alone .

Yes Jan all you can do is ask , see what he says do let us know please .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marta B