Obsession with sex

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
----------------------------------

This is not to say, as my original post that we do not still have that special closeness couples have after many years together, that deep understanding (on the good days) and the trust and bond.

Don't be misled, personally I miss that level of intimacy, I miss having him beside me as a decision maker, a leader, a listener, an advisor, a problem solver, telling me not to worry it will be alright in the morning. I miss him helping out, bringing me a cup of coffee in the morning, getting up before me and letting me have a lie in on my one day off from work a week.

I just miss him so much.

Eternal Love
jimbo

mci

Jun 8, 2014
Can anyone advise, my husband has medium stage double dementia and is very contented most of the time but has started over last couple of moths to want to hold my hand all the time, is continually telling e he loves me and wants sex. As we have not slept together for some time and I now see myself as a carer more than a wife I find the whole idea upsets me, I do love him but not in love itch him. Is this normal

My husband has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimers though he has had various symptoms for some years. I am so pleased that I am not alone with a similar problem as i have been feeling so guilty about avoiding sex as I find my feelings changing the more he relies on me - I still love him very much but our relationship is so different my responses are changing too. Thanks to you and the other responders to making me feel that I am not alone

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
In order to provide balance. My husband, late 60s, has Alzheimer's. He has no interest in sex. He is not as physically affectionate as he used to be and I miss that

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

I agree with Trisha4 & Del24
I have dementia as many of you will know that by now I'm not sure I'm happy discussing this private subject or even reading about another dementia persons sex life I say that for the fear readers not connected with dementia will assume were all sex mad after diagnoses , and I can assure you were not were all different with different feeling and desires , I’m not at all narrow minded but there are limits , I also feel those who are effed by this constant treat maybe there partner could be put on some medication to calm that side of things down hope I’m not offending anyone just my view

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smattels