NS&I over 65 ( pensioner bonds) and POA

nmintueo

Jun 28, 2011
UK
i got mine back from NS&i a couple of weeks ago with the same covering letter. Sadly still nothing to say the bond has been issued, but at least getting the POA certificate back means the application arrived!

Opposite experience here -- got letter confirming the bond purchase, but as for the certified copy of the EPA, no sign of that being returned yet.

Thanks for reminding me!

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
Hope you get it back! well I discovered they cashed the cheque in mid February, so hopefully one fine day they will confirm we have a bond!:D

nmintueo

Jun 28, 2011
UK
Hope you get it back!

Yes, thanks -- it turned up the very next day (i.e. yesterday). Happy result.

Sent in the bond forms together with the EPA certified copy, on 20 Jan.

Bond purchases confirmed OK in letters dated 31 Jan and 02 Feb.

Then my EPA certified copy came back in a letter dated 28 Feb (saying, "For your convenience, we are returning it without delay on the assumption that you might need to present it to other organisations").

They processed everything trouble-free even though we'd used the regular application form for the bonds rather than the Attorney form (which I think wasn't openly visible on their web site at that time).

Satisfied customer!

So, returning to the original question:

I am a bit put off by having to enclose a certified original copy of the POA.
Has anyone else successfully done this and had it safely returned?

I can now say: Yes.

(As always, make sure it's the certified copy you send, not the original.)

Last edited:

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
Just thought I'd update on my application. Finally got the certificate and the bond, which is backdated to 31 January, so that's good, but that really took quite a while. Oh, and they sent it all to a random different house number in my street and then asked for identity all over again, because that address hadn't been checked by them, and after several annoying phone calls (they have that system where they pass you on to someone and you have t start telling your story all over again, I had to do it 3 times:rolleyes:) but finally Mum has her bond, phew, that took nearly 2 months.

Now I am thinking of opening a post office isa for her, but I think I may need a lie down first. Anyone tackled post office isa with PoA?

tre

Sep 23, 2008
Herts
My husband's also arrived safely backdated to 14 Feb. I then got a separate letter a few days letter addressed to me as the attorney confirming everything
Tre