1. tinap

tinap Registered User

Nov 2, 2014
    west midlands
    its only been eleven days since mom passed which I know is very early days but I feel so messed up today. since my wonderful mothers final hour I have had the most over whelming sense of peace and calmness. Until today! Now I feel nothing except empty. for a few days all I seem to do is stare at the wall, i'm not thinking its has if my mind is blank! I'm not in denial I know she's no longer here in the physical sense but really feel her all around me. I went to visit her on Monday in the chapel of rest but still I felt like she was behind me and it wasn't like her I was looking at. I've always believed the body is just a vehicle its the soul of a person who makes us what we are and this was never so true as it was on Monday. I was going to visit again before she's laid to rest with my dad but I feel she is with me everywhere more than she was in the chapel of rest. I have been grieving for mom for a long time as this cruel disease slowly took her bit by bit but its this empty numb feeling its has if my mind is blank! I'm not looking for answers I just needed to write where I know people understand.

2. Sasky

Sasky Registered User

Jan 29, 2014
    Ashford, Kent
    Oh I understand I really do and I send you a hug which is what I miss so much not having hug with my mum and hearing her telling me how much she loves me. It's been 5 months for me and doesn't seem to be getting any easier in fact it seems to be getting harder

3. J2e

J2e Registered User

Apr 24, 2015
    Brighton
    I understand this completely. I'm sure many others here do as well. Sending warm wishes to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

4. tinap

tinap Registered User

Nov 2, 2014
    west midlands
    Sasky that's the part I hate knowing I cant hear her say she loves me, hold her hand hug her, even though at the end I was terrified of hurting her because of how thin and frail she was, but I know she felt comfort in being held. She still new who I was at the end and I am thankful for that even though a few weeks before she was convinced I was her mom...........
    I'm sorry to hear things seem no easier for you I don't think there is any worse lose than not having our moms. I lost my dad at a very young age and still miss him and my grandparents who I was very close to but my mom was my world and it seems a much darker lonelier place without her.
    Sending you hugs and strength Tina

5. tinap

tinap Registered User

Nov 2, 2014
    west midlands
    thank you for your kind words