• Expert Q&A: Rare dementias - Tues 3 March, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of rare dementias. It will be hosted by Nikki and Seb from Rare Dementia Support. If you have any questions about rare dementias, they will be here to answer them on Tuesday 3 March between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

nothing ..........

tinap

Nov 2, 2014
west midlands
its only been eleven days since mom passed which I know is very early days but I feel so messed up today. since my wonderful mothers final hour I have had the most over whelming sense of peace and calmness. Until today! Now I feel nothing except empty. for a few days all I seem to do is stare at the wall, i'm not thinking its has if my mind is blank! I'm not in denial I know she's no longer here in the physical sense but really feel her all around me. I went to visit her on Monday in the chapel of rest but still I felt like she was behind me and it wasn't like her I was looking at. I've always believed the body is just a vehicle its the soul of a person who makes us what we are and this was never so true as it was on Monday. I was going to visit again before she's laid to rest with my dad but I feel she is with me everywhere more than she was in the chapel of rest. I have been grieving for mom for a long time as this cruel disease slowly took her bit by bit but its this empty numb feeling its has if my mind is blank! I'm not looking for answers I just needed to write where I know people understand.

Sasky

Jan 29, 2014
Ashford, Kent
Oh I understand I really do and I send you a hug which is what I miss so much not having hug with my mum and hearing her telling me how much she loves me. It's been 5 months for me and doesn't seem to be getting any easier in fact it seems to be getting harder

J2e

Apr 24, 2015
Brighton
I have been grieving for mom for a long time as this cruel disease slowly took her bit by bit but its this empty numb feeling its has if my mind is blank! I'm not looking for answers I just needed to write where I know people understand.
I understand this completely. I'm sure many others here do as well. Sending warm wishes to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

tinap

Nov 2, 2014
west midlands
Oh I understand I really do and I send you a hug which is what I miss so much not having hug with my mum and hearing her telling me how much she loves me. It's been 5 months for me and doesn't seem to be getting any easier in fact it seems to be getting harder
Sasky that's the part I hate knowing I cant hear her say she loves me, hold her hand hug her, even though at the end I was terrified of hurting her because of how thin and frail she was, but I know she felt comfort in being held. She still new who I was at the end and I am thankful for that even though a few weeks before she was convinced I was her mom...........
I'm sorry to hear things seem no easier for you I don't think there is any worse lose than not having our moms. I lost my dad at a very young age and still miss him and my grandparents who I was very close to but my mom was my world and it seems a much darker lonelier place without her.
Sending you hugs and strength Tina