nothing ..........

tinap

Nov 2, 2014
west midlands
its only been eleven days since mom passed which I know is very early days but I feel so messed up today. since my wonderful mothers final hour I have had the most over whelming sense of peace and calmness. Until today! Now I feel nothing except empty. for a few days all I seem to do is stare at the wall, i'm not thinking its has if my mind is blank! I'm not in denial I know she's no longer here in the physical sense but really feel her all around me. I went to visit her on Monday in the chapel of rest but still I felt like she was behind me and it wasn't like her I was looking at. I've always believed the body is just a vehicle its the soul of a person who makes us what we are and this was never so true as it was on Monday. I was going to visit again before she's laid to rest with my dad but I feel she is with me everywhere more than she was in the chapel of rest. I have been grieving for mom for a long time as this cruel disease slowly took her bit by bit but its this empty numb feeling its has if my mind is blank! I'm not looking for answers I just needed to write where I know people understand.

Sasky

Jan 29, 2014
Ashford, Kent
Oh I understand I really do and I send you a hug which is what I miss so much not having hug with my mum and hearing her telling me how much she loves me. It's been 5 months for me and doesn't seem to be getting any easier in fact it seems to be getting harder

J2e

Apr 24, 2015
Brighton
I have been grieving for mom for a long time as this cruel disease slowly took her bit by bit but its this empty numb feeling its has if my mind is blank! I'm not looking for answers I just needed to write where I know people understand.

I understand this completely. I'm sure many others here do as well. Sending warm wishes to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

tinap

Nov 2, 2014
west midlands
Oh I understand I really do and I send you a hug which is what I miss so much not having hug with my mum and hearing her telling me how much she loves me. It's been 5 months for me and doesn't seem to be getting any easier in fact it seems to be getting harder

Sasky that's the part I hate knowing I cant hear her say she loves me, hold her hand hug her, even though at the end I was terrified of hurting her because of how thin and frail she was, but I know she felt comfort in being held. She still new who I was at the end and I am thankful for that even though a few weeks before she was convinced I was her mom...........
I'm sorry to hear things seem no easier for you I don't think there is any worse lose than not having our moms. I lost my dad at a very young age and still miss him and my grandparents who I was very close to but my mom was my world and it seems a much darker lonelier place without her.
Sending you hugs and strength Tina