Not such a good day

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Not too good today

Hello i woke up this morning feeling a little cloudy and under the weather. Sometimes i feel as if i am not quite with it and as much as i try to concentrate on things it doesn’t seem to come into focus. I am very quiet and sullen which is not like me at all. I tend to talk more slowly as well, has anybody else come across this?
My walking also suffers during this time as i don’t seem to be able to gauge the distance between the pavement and road. I have been pulled back many a time by Elaine, and twice today!! I shouldn’t complain really as i have had a great couple of weeks but such is the illness. My nightmares have also come back intermittently which doesn’t help when it comes to facing the day with a smile.
We bumped into a couple of friends today who we haven’t seen for a while. They had heard about my condition but took them ages to come out with the question!! Its amazing how many people dance around talking about AS . What i did find was when the question had been asked they only talked to Elaine and directed the questions at her and not me!!
Eventually i waved my hand in front of both of them and said “Hello!!” I`m here !! As luck has it they are very good friends and saw the irony of it and duly apologised.
Its so frustrating, we are not Lepers!! Its not contagious!! But most of all we are still honest human beings who kust want to live their lives out as peacefully as possible and not be ridiculed for being ill.
Sorry, i will come off my soap box now but i just thought i would share this will you all.
Hopefully better days ahead, Best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Norrms

Hiya Norrms, I'm never quite sure whether it's ok or not to respond in this section because I do not have a dementia:eek: I'll risk it seeing as you are a mate and you will give me the nudge if it's not ok;)

Sorry you are struggling to lift the mood today Norrms. I often have to pull Alan back onto the kerb and it has caused a few arguments in the past because I thought he was being care-free rather than it not being his fault!!!

Thank goodness you don't feel like this every day and we will all be hoping that it passes soon and you'll find your sparkle again:)

Love x

shelagh

Sep 28, 2009
Staffordshire
Hi Norms, Hope the cloudiness has lifted and you are feeling more ike your very positive self.It's such an up and down journey isn't it.
If Helen is reading this plesase don't worry about coming onto the 'I have dementia' part of the forum. Sometimes it feels very lonely here, I can understand why, carers have more than enought to do with their own loved ones without having to find the energy to respond to others with the disease but it makes a huge difference when they do.
To all of us caught up in this disease, sufferers and carers alike go well, be strong, find something in life for you that you enjoy,
Shelagh

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Shelagh

Yes, Shelagh, I'm here. Thanks for clarifying. I have been having thoughts going through my head about it for ages and didn't quite know where to voice them. I was thinking about the power imbalance. My husband's life has just about been taken over by 'caring' and I was so reluctant for it to feel like this in the 'I have dementia' section. I see TP like a community centre and this room does seem quiet, with relatively few people using it. The others rooms are often full of carers - they can be busy places - with people either working together to try to understand something or laughing together and chatting in the tea room.

It feels really lovely to be able to pop in and have a chat.

Dear Norrms, I've been thinking about what you can give a man who has everything :D dancing.gif

Love

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya!!!

Thanks Helen and i hope all who read this will also understand its ok for all to reply all posts no matter what section its in.
It does get lonley sometimes and the responses do so much to cheer us up, best wishes, Norrms and fmily xxxxxxxxx

carrie99

Apr 26, 2009
Yorkshire
Postings

Hi Norms,
we should just post and not bother if it is in the wrong section I think.

Yes it is irritating when people talk about you and not with you. Since many of my friends know about my condition now, they sometimes seem to think that they now don't have to ever talk about my AZ, but I feel that it should be a normal topic of conversation, not one to be continually skirted around.

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Sometimes think that I should be here

Hi
I sometimes think I should be here-:). This afternoon I have gone upstairs for nappies for the changing bag and been distracted by something or other- the last time it was a missing sock that I spotted "peeping" out of the bottom of my son's radiator where it had been drying weeks ago!

Thanks for letting me pop in

Love Julie xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sorry you`re having a bad day Norrms.
My walking also suffers during this time as i don’t seem to be able to gauge the distance between the pavement and road.
I think this is spatial awareness Norms. Dhiren has the same problems . Sometimes he thinks the step is steeper than it is and sometimes he thinks it is further away. He does a half hop half jump and my heart is in my mouth in case he falls.
Be careful Norms. I`d hate you to have a fall.
Love xx

alisonhorspool

Oct 12, 2009
morning norm,
it is very unusal if i do not wake up with that cloudy confused state of mind. however sometimes it goes after a while and sometimes it hangs around for a couple of days.
every 4 weeks my daughter and her husband move home for a couple of days so i can get out of the house and have absolutely nothing to thimk about and this helps. haS having small children is exhausting enough lol.
they are putting me on patches next week as the aricept tablets make me so ill so i am hoping that this will also help.
i hope today is a good day for you.
take care alison:)

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
Hello Norms. I hope this will be a better day for you. I am interested in your comments regarding nightmares. Mum suffers terribly from these. Her GP has lowered her statin but so far this hasn't had any effect. She becomes really distressed about these dreams.
Must dash off now.

Regards Hazel

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya

Hello and thank you all for your comments, in reply, yes thanks i am a little better today but the mistyness is still there, just not as severe and as for my nightmares as i have explained before i used to have them every night and they were more like night terrors than nightmares. Then i started to have a cup of hot chocolate just before bedtime, this seems to have stopped the "Terrors" and the nightmares happen but not as often. Hope this helps. best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxx

Amber 5

Jan 20, 2009
Berkshire
Hi Norrms

I'm glad you are feeling a little brighter and really hope that improves.

On Monday morning, my mum said to me that she wasn't ok when I phoned her and that she would tell me later what was the matter. When I arrived, I gathered that she had woken up and 'not known where the hell she was'. We had our usual lovely day together, where I help her to wash and dress, and go out for lunch etc. and she was fine as the day went on. It just made me wonder if this must be like the cloudiness you described. She has said this sort of thing quite a lot, but doesn't describe it as a fog or cloudiness, but it does sound similar to me. Just wondering!

Take care, love Gill x

shelagh

Sep 28, 2009
Staffordshire
Hi Normms - Hope you are feeling less cloudy. It's been sleep for me the last two days - I feel I've slept for England but at least it has been peaceful sleep with no nightmares. These are obviously a problem for a lot of people. I thought at first it was another (Yet another!!!) side affect of Aricept, but it seems people with AD are prone to them with or without medication. As I read these posts I'm realising that a lot of what I put down to Aricept is actually 'IT'
Love to you both
Shelagh

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya

Hello Amber, yes it sounds simular, some call it foogyness, some cloudiness and a few say its like a net curtain coming down over your eyes which is a good decription. Terry Pratchett calls it his "Clappham Junction Days !!LOL " And Shelagh, good to hear you are getting some good sleep, its worth its weight in gold. referring back to your earlier posts about people replying i dont know about you but i find AD the lonliest and isolating illness around. I have a huge family and we are so so close but yet this illness still makes me feel so lonley and alone, so when we do get a reply its just nice to know there is someone out there isnt it? Best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Norrms

i find AD the lonliest and isolating illness around

It was just this that brought me to Talking Point Norrms as a carer. I felt so isolated and alone and TP has really helped me feel a sense of belonging:) I really do feel that I am popping into a community centre to listen and to talk to whoever might be around. I am missing seeing Barry such a lot and I look for him every day. I think if he pops in again I will want to throw a party:D

Love

donkey

Aug 16, 2009
sutton coldfield
hello too you all, i hope you are having a good day, and what i say is thank god its friday:D no work till monday. dave has a lot of foggy days and bless him he walked me to work today, i had to keep up with him., but hes never quite sure where the kerb is either and for some reason walks with his hands in pockets. im afraid he will fall flat on his face .norrms tomorrow will be even better than today:D love lynne xx

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Thank you

Thank you all, yes today up to now seems a little better as the fog has lifted, hope you all have a great day, best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxx

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Days out ?

Hiya Gigi, today is very wey and windy in torbay so we wont be going to far, but tommorrow !! Well, they have said dry sunny spells which means the picnic basket will come out( without the pork pies of course Sylvia LOL) and off we will go !! Probably to our favourite place Budleigh Salterton ( hopefully our retirement village) its so rural and the beach and the weiws are so good. Have you anything planned ? Best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACampbell