Not such a good day

alexp

Feb 21, 2009
Devon
Hi Norrms,
I was on the beach at Budleigh Salterton this afternoon with some friends who were visiting. It was lovely - sunny with a warm breeze.

I hope it is as nice tomorrow. If I am in Budleigh I will look out for you!

Best wishes,

alexp

janlyn

Oct 19, 2009
gloucester
thinking of you

hi norms i was sorry to hear you are having bad time.i just wanted to tell you that im thinking of you and that im greatfull to you for answering my first post on tp it made me feel that i am not alone it made a big differance to me i had a lot of worries but you helped me see that i am not the only one that is worrying about what is happening to my hubby lyn.we go to the hospitle thursday so we should have some answeres to our many questions.
regards to all jan

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Budleigh

Hey Alex, so were we !! We had our lunch in "The Salterton" about 12-30pm (and very nice it was too) and Then had a walk along the beach about -. What time were you there ?? Wish we had known we could have had a coffee!!LOL
And Janlyn, you are so very welcome, please please write anytime you wish and let us knoww how you get on thursday, good luck to you both, best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxx

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Is that The Salterton Arms, Norrms?

Know it well. And will try to post a photo of Budleigh S + The Arms,if I can find them. Even they've lost a few in the meantime!!

What did you manage to eat on the Sunday Lunch Menu? Was it deliciously delicious?

Good. Thought it might be!

Did you then walk up the street - or hop along to Sidmouth?

And, is that fish-selling-shop/shack still there, in Sidmouth, alongside the Park and the most spectacular view? Which is what my photo shows ... special view of the immediate coastline, plus a few more boats and things.

Hope so. And I'd love to know whether the fresh-fish "shack" is still there. In Sidmouth, not far from Budleigh S. As the crow flies, that is.

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya

Hello and thaks, yes it was The Salterton Arms we had roast Lamb, roast pots, yourkshire pudding and the veg was wonnderful with the freshest broccoli i have ever tasted and the best cauliflower cheese in the world . We walked along the beach in Budleigh then home but we go to Sidmouth almst weekly, but unfortunatly i cant remember seing any fish shack, best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxx

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
With the sea in front of you, you walk to your left. Cross the road, before you hit the fishing boats, and there just set back almost as far as you can walk is a little 'fresh fish selling shack'. If you don't end up there, you'll end up in the Car Park!

But it's closed long before 12:00 noon, because they've sold out by then.

Wonderful, but only if you like freshly shopped-for fish, of course. Buy a pint of prawns, or two, if you can't manage anything else!!

And then enjoy!

alexp

Feb 21, 2009
Devon
Budleigh

Hi Norrms,

Sorry I missed you. I was at the seafront this morning - I rode in on my bike.

If you come to Budleigh regularly I'm bound to bump in to you sometime. You would recognise me walking along the prom with my bicycle - I'd be the one in the bright yellow top!

This afternoon I had to get stuck into some gardening - I have a load of bulbs to plant. I'm glad you and Elaine had a lovely day, and a lovely lunch. I'll tell you what I had for lunch. My husband is away for a couple of days working so I had a large slice of lemon meringue pie left over from last night!:D I couldn't do that if my husband were at home - he would be very disapproving, and I'd have to share it anyway.

Best wishes to you both, alexp

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya

Hello JPG1, NOW i know where you mean and YES its still there, we always have prawn cockail for starters on xmas day so guess where i will be getting mine from next time !!LOL
Dear Alexp i`m sorry i missed you too but i will keep a look out for you next time we go, mmmmmm Lemon Meraingue is my favourite !! Glad you didnt have to share !!LOL Best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxx

Bubblyxx

Oct 25, 2009
Rutland
Methinks Norrms is a real character and very sensitive.
I read your post about the seasons and was very touched by it.
I am new on here but I already get the impression that you have a lot of friends on here.
hopefully this alleviates some of the apparent loneliness you feel.
Take Care
Monika

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Where are you??

Didnt see anyone at Budleigh beach on saturday !!LOL

Budleigh salterton beach.jpg

Beach on a qiuet day at Budliegh.jpg

alexp

Feb 21, 2009
Devon
Hi Norrms,

It's amazing how the weather can change - today turned really horrible.

I had my sister with me today and we went to Sidmouth this afternoon. We had a lovely tea at the Jacob's Ladder cafe but then it was so grim we didn't fancy a walk, so had to look round the shops instead.:D Then home to reminisce about the past!

Alexp x