Newbie here with early onset Alzheimer's Disease

Oxy

Jul 19, 2014
What an inspirational read Darryl! I haven't read your thread before as relatively new to TP-took courage to join.
I so love the East coast. I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing stay-you so deserve it.
Enjoy and best wishes!

Pookie

Dec 29, 2011
Just read your thread for the 1st time. Your so brave and I am proud to know you. Enjoy your holiday.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Talking Point mobile app

Daryl2510

the break I didn't have...

It got to the day of going to the coast, and my support worker came to take me, but seen that I was limping... I had been up all night with an intense throbbing, sore and itchy lump on the top of my left leg. I ended up having to show her, and within 20 minutes I was at my GP surgery... within an hour the nurse and GP had lanced, what I thought was just a big boil and put a clip on it and a dressing, but then he mentioned to my support worker that it in fact an abscess that needed cleaning out.

So that ended the day I was supposed to be doing my lobe trek to the East Coast... I'm about recovered now after having some antibiotics and I've had to redress it every other day - it still is a little sore, but not half as painful as it was when it came up overnight on the day I was supposed to be going!

Hopefully there will be another time though :)

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Daryl, ooh that sounds painful I hope its better soon,

It's a shame you missed your trip, I hope you get another chance soon,

Jeany x

Daryl2510

a little ode from me...

I'm not nuts!!​

I may be crazy,
I may be weird,
and perhaps I may seem nuts…
…but to go through
What I’m going through,
I know I've got some guts!

So the next time that you see me,
Please don't think "he’s odd”…

…I've gotten this far through battling
I’m not such a daft old sod!

© Daryl Lees 2014

Daryl2510

Discharge from the memory clinic...

I got a telephone call the other day from the dementia clinic that I attend telling me that I have been discharged, according to the dementia shrink, because of higher authority review and have been referred to my GP for dementia treatment for the future...

...now I only thought you were discharged from hospital-type appointments when you were, in fact, getting better and you were recovering from your condition.

To say I have an illness that will eventually strip me of everything that is me, and inevitably kill me, this strikes me as very odd! :eek:

To say that more care and money is going into dementia care and services, it isn't apparently filtering or sinking in to the NHS facilities in my area... I think it is more a case of: "we've done our bit by diagnosing you - now we'll leave you to it"!!

Strange how medical practices have changed their policies towards the ill and vulnerable!

Daryl2510

Birthday tomorrow - here's my treat!

It is my 49th birthday tomorrow - I've made another year... yaay! ;)

As a treat to myself, and with a birthday gift from my Mam and stepdad, via my stepsister as attorney for them, and with my stepdad's consent, I have brought laminate flooring for my living room and redecorated the main wall, the rest being finished tomorrow (my birthday gift from my niece as she is decorating for me on her days off from work).

I have paid for all the laminate flooring and underlay and the wallpaper, paints etc and my Mam and stepdad have paid for the laminate flooring to be fitted, and I think an excellent job was made of it too ( even if I do say so myself ;) )

Hope you all like it too! :D

Attachments

• Living Room 1.jpg
    Living Room 1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 771
  • Living Room 2.jpg
    Living Room 2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 757
  • Wallpaper 1.jpg
    Wallpaper 1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 761

Daryl2510

A little festive...

After decorating and laminating the living room in the bungalow for my first anniversary of moving here, I thought that this year I would feel a little more festive.

I have got a lovely support worker, who comes 6 hours per week (Tuesday 2 hours and Thursday for 4 hours) and we set too in making myself feel a little more upbeat than I have been feeling this last year or so - and it has worked, as since I have had the main room wall freshly wallpapered, and the rest of the living room walls painted in 'fresh green' and 'opal beige' with a dado for borders... I couldn't get a border to match the wallpaper!

This week my niece came and finished off putting up my family photos, favourite pictures and Christmas decorations - I just love the Christmas lights around my meerkat picture... it makes it feel nice and cosy! :D

Attachments

• Living room decorations.jpg
    Living room decorations.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 673

Daryl2510

Christmas and New Year...

I want to wish all who follow my post blog here a very happy and peaceful New Year 2015...

... I also hope you all had a lovely and Merry Christmas and were with those that you love and who love you. :)