new year started with a bang, Trev had a siezurere at 8 am

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Had grandson sleeping and he was between Trev and I when Treb had a siezure this morning, I had decided last time Trev had s siezure that i would not dial999 and have him blue lighted into hospital. I hope i have made the right descion to let Trev just sleep this off , he has not come round yet, but does seem to be sleeping peacfully now without the deep strange breathing pattern, I do have the mobile number of a lovely paramedic but am loathed to ring him today, my godchild whom is a nurse is coming to check Trevs vital signs for me, just hope i am not putting him at any further risk, but know from previous stays in A & E we would be left alone in a cubicle until he comes round, so have made the descion for him stay put, just so hope I have made a wise move.I feel calm and not panicky amd know i will observe him more than A& E, good job he is as strong as an ox, for his body to keep dealing with all these siezures, sorry to be posting this when it should be a celebration day, trust Trev to pick his days, remember he had one on his 60 th birthday party in june, well hope you have all enjoyed seeing in the new year and lets just hope it is kind to us all love Pam & Trev

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Pam,
I think you have made the right decision. I understand how it can be in A & E and I believe it can cause more distress than otherwise. You know Trev better than anyone else and I am sure your judgement is right.

I hope he feels better soon.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Pam,

You have had enough experience Pam to be well placed for making an informed choice;):) I believe that you know from experience that he is likely to get the best care at home without all the toing and froing.

Your Trev and my Alan had much in common including choosing the most unsuitable dates. Alan chose Valentines Day on which to die:rolleyes: At least I can smile at it now. I hope that whatever you decide, you will take care of yourself too in that you need to know that you can live well with your decisions at a future time;) I know I would trust my care into your hands:) Trev is very fortunate Pam.

Now how about you? Will you get a chance of some help sometime today so that you can rest a little?

Love and a big (HUG)

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I'm sorry you've had such an awful start to the New Year Pam and hope Trev is better soon. I saw my mum having a seizure once and it was really distressing, so I do feel for you.

I think you sound as though you have everything covered and are almost certainly making the right decision in keeping him at home. I know that I hated the times my mum went into hospital and most of the time it caused more problems than it solved, so I understand your reluctance.

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
It sounds as if you have everything under control and are making the right decisions for Trev.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Dear Pam
I believe I would have made the same decision as you.

Trev is in his own home , being well looked after .

In the hope that this will reassure you , a cousin had Epilepsy as a child and she could sleep for england after a seizure.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Pam:
Of course you made the right decision, you always will do for Trev.

I hope he is ok now. Update us when you can.

PS My Mum died on a Boxing Day and my Dad on my birthday :eek:

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Hello Pam:
Of course you made the right decision, you always will do for Trev.

I hope he is ok now. Update us when you can.

PS My Mum died on a Boxing Day and my Dad on my birthday :eek:

You had to go one better didn't you Jan! It was my mum and dad's wedding anniversary on Boxing Day though.

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Hello Pam,
Am so sorry to hear about Trev. I know what you mean about phoning for paramedics. My dad was whisked away once (my idea, what did I know?) - we thought he would never come home. When he did, mum vowed never again and she was right. Hope all is OK with you (grandson too).
Best wishes, Jancis xxx

elaine n

Jun 1, 2010
west country uk
Well done Pam, you're very brave! i made the same decision with Gary not to call doctor since his first seizure. He's had a few episodes since but minor, not like Trev's. He's having a scan on Friday so we'll see if it shows anything.xxxxxxxxxxx

nocturne

Nov 23, 2009
Yorkshrie
I'm sure you've made the right decision. A&E is bad at any time but on a Bank Holiday it will be packed out. Trev will be much more comfortable where he is and you have got someone coming who can give you a second opinion which will relieve your mind.
It always feels as if Mum picks a Bank Holiday or a weekend to need a doctor but it is probably just that I remember those times most as it involves the struggle to get the out of hours service or the horrors of A&E.
I hope that Trev recovers soon to give you peace of mind and a good night's rest.
Love, Jan

twink

Oct 28, 2005
Cambridgeshire UK
Hi Stranger,

Lond time no speak. Just logged in to see what's happenkng and saw your post. Of course you did the right thing for Trev, what's the point of being stuck in hospital all day when you can stay at home in the warm. Steve went to hospital 2/3 times after seizures and when he came round, it was hard to cope with him there, we'd have been much better not going.

Hope things are ok for you by now.

Love Sue xxxx

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Hi Pam, hope Trev is resting well now, and you & grandson o.k.

Pam, I'm full of admiration for you, as I am for every friend here, and have to let you know just how important the willingness of all of you to share your experiences is in the world of 'education' for people like me.
Very much at the start of the road, with no idea of what's ahead, so all information is so very welcome.

I'm very much in agreement of 'home as far as possible' so it's reasuring to know that these difficult times can be dealt with, without panic. Thank you, and God bless.

Love, Necion. x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Pam

I'm sorry, I missed your post earlier.

You know you made the right decision. There is absolutely nothing A&E can do following a seizure, apart from monitor, and it's far better for Trev to be comfortable in his own bed with his family to care for him.

I hope by now he's beginning to recover, and that you get the few days of heightened awareness that often follow.

Love to you both,

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Pam, sending you and Trev all my love today. I'm certain your instincts are right. Many hugs and positive vibes. xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Pam

Well done for having the courage to make the right decision to protect Trev from lying on a stretcher in A&E.

I`m sure you know as well as anyone, if not even better than anyone, how to give Trev the best care. We all know you have fought for the best for him all your life and the best for Trev is being at home with you.

I hope he wakes in good form. xx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
So many judgement calls needed from us eh Pam and each time we do make one it puts the burden on our shoulders. As if we don't have enough things to nag away at the back of our minds!

As others have said you are so experienced in dealing with Trv's siezures and know that hospital is not the right place if it can be avoided.

I can only say after witnessing Ken's second siezure yesterday, that you are one hell of a woman. Stay strong and let us know how things have gone for you both. I'm glad that your relative who is a nurse is on hand to help you.

xxTinaT

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Thanks all for your support. it really does mean so much. Trev came around a little about 4 and i got meds , scrambled egg and water in before he went into a deep sleep again, god child came and checked him over she is a community nurse and said she was happy with me keeping Trev home, I have other grandchild staying tonight , he is 12 and we have just sent a lantern up int he sky for grandad, so pleased i was taught this art by fellow Tpers at Our retreat, It was so special and fun and we did a fantastic launch , it went up so high and lasted ages and made such an impact on my grandson. it must become a ritual and bless him he said grandma i will send 50 up when you die, am being summond by granchild now for another game of uno, but wanted to let you know Trev although still out of i t is going to be ok, am going to have a drink and eat the prawns i defrosted for lunch and just pig out for a while and wish you all a happy new year, you will never know how much your support at these times means to me, and although i hate this desease with a passion , it has meant that i have met people who i would not have otherwise and for that i am grateful, goodnight all love Pam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFoxcroft1