New to the site

Jessicaa

Jun 27, 2008
West Yorkshire
Hi I am net to the site so thought I would say Hi. my mother is 62 and has dementia as the result of a brain tuma 7 years ago. She lives by herself with an on/off partner and I am an olny child. We have muddled through but things keep coming to a head and I am unsure what to do next. When left alone she drinks which in the past has resulted in some falls.
She has a fantastic neighbour who is also taking some of the responsibilty as a carer.....don't think my mum would still be here now if it wasn't for her.
I feel gulity all of the time that I do not see my mum as much as I think I should ( work full time, family etc..) Also some of this is because the person I see isn't really my mum anymore:(
She is getting worse and I am unsure where it will all end :confused:

Any advice and words of wisdom would be much appretiated.

JDA

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Jessica

I don`t have much in the way of advice or words of wisdom to offer but I would suggest, if you haven`t already, you have a word with your mother`s doctor and ask what support is available.
Although the doctor might be unable to disclose information, s/he will certainly listen to you, note your concerns and advise you.
Please let us know how you get on.
Love xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare