BSanchez

Jul 4, 2024
Hello,

HiI am a care giver for my 83 year old spouse, who has Vascular dementia, and Alzheimer’s. I believe he is entering nearer to the late stage he is sleeping a great amount of time all night and off and on during the day. I am really trying to take care of myself also but I have had trouble getting into a caregiver in person group with waiting lists. If anyone know a group that is open in Goleta, or Santa Barbara please let me know.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @BSanchez.

I'm sorry to read about your husband. I think many of us on the forum have found that our loved ones beigin to sleep a lot more as the disease progresses.

You are right in trying to take care of yourself. This is a UK based forum and most of the members will be in the UK and not necessarily have knowledge of groups in the USA. Having said that I'm glad you've found the forum as you will find understanding and support here. So keep posting here!

I wondered if you would find some local information through this link -

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello and welcome from me also @BSanchez to this friendly and supportive forum,

I am sorry to read about your husband. Yes certainly the sleeping more seems to be quite a common feature with this disease. I too am in the UK, so unable to help with your location, but you are very wise to try to find support for yourself.
Please do have a good look around the forums and ask any particular questions you may like to. People here really do want to help, and most importantly, they understand.

leny connery

Nov 13, 2022
hhi, same from me. mine is sleepier but not quite sleeping so much during the day. he was diagnosed in 2019 and has just now started to forge who his son is, and for months now on and off sees me as his mother