Rolley

Jul 6, 2023
Hi, I thought I would introduce myself.

I have been diagnosed for 3 years with vascular dementia. I have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and stroke 30 years and 8 years respectively.

I’m hoping to find support when I need it, as well as supporting others.

The first thing I would like to know is does anyone know what the life expectancy is for vascular dementia? Thanks Richard

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Rolley.

I’m sorry to read about your diagnosis of vascular dementia. It must be hard when you are already living with other serious conditions.

I think it’s really difficult to say what the life expectancy is. Everyone’s experience will be different.

I’m glad you’ve found this forum and I know you will get lots of understanding and support here.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Rolley and welcome to this supportive and friendly forum from me. You have come to the right place for helpful advice and a vast amount of experience of dementia from the members here. I am glad you have found us.

I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis of vascular dementia, and the other significant health issues you have. It must all be extremely difficult for you.

As @Izzy has said, everyone's journey through dementia is different, and I don't think anyone can give you an answer as to life expectancy.

Sorry that won't be the answer you are looking for, but do keep posting on here for advice and support.