Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
IMG_5838.jpg

my latest labours

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
Yes, that’s stunning! is it hard to do??
Well i am a beginner to embroidery with Alzheimers diagnosed 4 years ago - so it cannot be that difficult. It is a sitting down sport to replace 3 day eventing, running, solo backpacking around the world and all the other things I can no longerndo.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
I’m pleased you’ve found something enjoyable to do - must have Been awful and such a grief to have to leave those other activities 😭😭

What sort of thing did you start with? I’d like to give it a go. I’m not good at sitting still so like something to do with my hands. Am in during the evening with mum and can waste far too much time on the screens!

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
I’m pleased you’ve found something enjoyable to do - must have Been awful and such a grief to have to leave those other activities 😭😭

What sort of thing did you start with? I’d like to give it a go. I’m not good at sitting still so like something to do with my hands. Am in during the evening with mum and can waste far too much time on the screens!
I started with a sampler pack from AMazon ages ago and then lost interest for a while

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
I drew this free hand onto linen and then embroidered it. I wanted to try out some different stitches but keep forgetting how to do them. Anyhow I think it looks ok

IMG_5855.jpg

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
That is great @Dunroamin. I think because we know where the mistakes are, we are really critical of our own work. I sometimes do calligraphy and always think how rubbish it is. When I see it with fresh eyes some time later it looks much better.
You are obviously a talented artist.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janet1980