Needlework

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
Hoping someone may be able to help me? Before I lose the ability i would love to embroider a traditional willow pattern. I am looking specifically for an embroidery kit with the design already printed on a plate sized cloth. My brain will not entertain cross stich or counted anything. This is a long shot, but hopefully there may be someone out there ...............

HEre is one I already did to give an idea of the concept

Attachments

• IMG_5809 (1).jpg
    IMG_5809 (1).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 170

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I have been looking and have not found anything better than has already been found but I did find this for teachers of young children, @Dunroamin

'Two birds flying high,
A Chinese vessel, sailing by.
A bridge with three men, sometimes four,
A willow tree, hanging o'er.
A Chinese temple, there it stands,
Built upon the river sands.
An apple tree, with apples on,
A crooked fence to end my song.'

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
sadly no embroidery willow pattern Mainly cross stitch

I have been looking and have not found anything better than has already been found but I did find this for teachers of young children, @Dunroamin

'Two birds flying high,
A Chinese vessel, sailing by.
A bridge with three men, sometimes four,
A willow tree, hanging o'er.
A Chinese temple, there it stands,
Built upon the river sands.
An apple tree, with apples on,
A crooked fence to end my song.'
Beautiful

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
Problem now solved. OH has downloaded a pdf of a willowpattern plate. This will (apparently) be printed directly onto something called print and stitch attached to the material. This will then be peeled off and the design is on the material which I can then embroider. The residual markings are then dissolved in water. I hope this makes sense.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
82895314_2581183301979788_1377291515272888320_n.jpg

One I made earlier, from a Jolly Red kit.
They also do backing/framing/making up. Not cheap, but very good

Defiance

Aug 17, 2022
Problem now solved. OH has downloaded a pdf of a willowpattern plate. This will (apparently) be printed directly onto something called print and stitch attached to the material. This will then be peeled off and the design is on the material which I can then embroider. The residual markings are then dissolved in water. I hope this makes sense.
Looking forward to seeing the finished product all the very best to you.