my wife wants to know how to contact her husband

jawuk

Jan 29, 2014
Lutterworth, Leicestershire
To explain how I was capable of coping on my own, especially when all the experts predicted my wife's demise I realise would take a book. As a result I've just finished it, but for an additional picture and redacting my address and phone number from the medical records, it is ready.
The pictures are taken from clips of a video I made and Include them as they speak for themselves. Our story is not only about Alzheimer's but of our backgrounds. Some may consider it a love story, but I leave it for others to judge. For those who wish to read it, I'm only too happy to forward it free by email for download.

I attach two of the pictures from contained in the book.
Picture 1, My wife in the NH. Three months later she became bedridden and on the first of April 2003 I took her home, as I thought to die with me by her side.
Picture 2 In my care speaks for its self.

I would be most grateful if you would allow me to read your book once it's ready

jawuk

Jan 29, 2014
Lutterworth, Leicestershire
Peter
You do not have to purchase my book. It's free to download to anyone who is caring for a loved one. Once again below is the download to click on. No doubt there will be many questions people will like to ask. I'll be only too happy to answer any question.

The main reason I wrote it was to show a different approach and perspective to coping. When I first decided to take on caring for my wife on my own in our home, well meaning people told me it was impossible. Time and again I rejected help and the fact that our daughter agreed with the professionals, is recorded in the medical diary attached to the end of the book.
I now accept and understand why it is considered to be an impossible task to undertake on one's own. No one should feel guilty with having to place their LO in a NH, least of all daughters or sons. It does harm to their health and is of no help to their loved one. Anyone who reads my story will, or may understand
how it was I was capable of 'going it alone.'
It does not contain my complete personal story, suffice to say I came from a different background from most. As a kid I was emotionally barren, mean and nasty. Imagine, myself and two other kids I hung out with; 'we were nobodies children', we use to howl with laughter when we heard other kids, cry out: "Mammy, Daddy" as they received a good beating. It was a steep learning curve to understand Love, become attached and to protect the person who became the love of my life.
Those who take in a stray abused dog, will understand the true meaning of loyalty. We could learn a lot from dogs. Sorry to rabbit on. The download:

I clicked your link Padraig but the downloaded file showed as empty :(

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
To explain how I was capable of coping on my own, especially when all the experts predicted my wife's demise I realise would take a book. As a result I've just finished it, but for an additional picture and redacting my address and phone number from the medical records, it is ready.
The pictures are taken from clips of a video I made and Include them as they speak for themselves. Our story is not only about Alzheimer's but of our backgrounds. Some may consider it a love story, but I leave it for others to judge. For those who wish to read it, I'm only too happy to forward it free by email for download.

I attach two of the pictures from contained in the book.
Picture 1, My wife in the NH. Three months later she became bedridden and on the first of April 2003 I took her home, as I thought to die with me by her side.
Picture 2 In my care speaks for its self.

Hiya Padraig,

I'd really like to read your story. I've got an awful lot of books on dementia/Alzheimers as I need the information. I've looked at things from a point of view of: I have to know what I'm in for, as far as caring is concerned.

Nobody wastes their time in writing down their thoughts or stories, as another person here asked: "Am I wasting my time?"

The answer is, most certainly not. I, too am alone in my caring, so far and it's currently been four years, going into our fifth.

My love to you, and thanks for your courage in writing.

Last edited:

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I still have not been able to download....disappointed:confused:

Me neither, I've tried all three links. But this person was declaring the book in 2009 so it's obviously been taken off all sites by now. What's the title? I'd look for it on my own book site, just in case it's still available.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
borbasm