My two invisible siblings want my mum's money

hillymilly

Nov 29, 2012
Paignton
"If you can try and get hold of some literature about this and tell them how you are feeling. Tell them that all this stress is making you ill and I also think you need to talk to them about having carers in and their cost. This should make them start to sit up and think again about your mum's money."

Me and my husband are taking our first break away from mum next Thursday for 2 nights. We've had to get private carers in and when I told my two invisibles the cost (£600), they were shocked! I don't think they even considered it would be that much.

I'm worried that I'm going to be worrying about mum all the time we're away, but I know that is normal.

And all my two invisibles can think about is mum's money and their inheritance!

hillymilly

Nov 29, 2012
Paignton
Well, it's been a long time since I started this thread!
Things worked out ok in the end. I spoke to my invisible POA sibling and told her that we cannot have mum's money distributed out until after her demise. Luckily she saw sense.
Mum now has two days a week of day care, and I told both my siblings that this was necessary for my own health and sanity. After mum being originally quite grumpy to be going, she now really enjoys it and looks forward to it.
Me and my husband managed a weeks' respite at the beginning of May, with mum in day care and having private carers in overnight. The invisibles squeaked when they heard the cost, but it went ahead without incident.
I really needed that break!

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Thank you for coming back and telling us about this @hillymilly . Im so glad your siblings have seen sense and it didnt come to a falling out, or worse

Im sure you needed that break, dont let the invisibles squeaking stop you having further breaks too

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
well done @hillymilly
you have really tackled a tricky situation positively and looked out for your mum - I'm glad she enjoys the day care and you have had a much deserved break

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACampbell