Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

My Story and new Petition on the No.10 Downing Street website.

Discussion in 'Dementia-related news and campaigns' started by Stephen Johnson, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    #21 Margarita, Apr 16, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
    It’s a shame that you can’t get someone to make a banner link , that you can just cope paste, into other forum, also for the one for medication for AZ , Bruce is good with computer I wonder if he would do them ?

yes I email lots of my friends and family with the link not long ago , am off now to add a link in a few other forum , that know bout my mother and don't mind me adding links

2. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    #22 Brucie, Apr 16, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
    ... as a matter of interest, here are some of the important issues at the head of the pile, way above your petition:

Now i understand why serious issues are so badly represented....:eek: Way ahead of you is one quote that wants PM to juggle ice cream.

3. Dear Brucie,

Unfortunately our once great country seems to be full of morons who would not understand common decency if it steam rollered them. One day they will find out the hard way.

A FEW PICTURES FOR YOU ALL.

[​IMG]

The man whose primary need is a social need and not a nursing need. What absolute garbage the NHS speak.

[​IMG]

Brother Rod with Granada Reports T.V.

[​IMG]

Brother Rod with ex England and British Lions players Fran Cotton and Steve Smith.

[​IMG]

Rod is in almost constant pain yet the PCT do nothing about it. It is all left up to me.

[​IMG]

Rod's Great Niece.

[​IMG]

Brother Stephen on the campaign trail with Bleddyn Hancock, the man who instigated the biggest industrial injury claim this country has ever known. Estimated to be £4.5 Billion and rising. He is now fighting the continuing care campaign.

[​IMG]

Rod's home for the last 13 months.

[​IMG]

Support from the local pub.

[​IMG]

As a Chartered Surveyor Rod gets a visit from Clare Davis who works for the Lionheart charity. She travelled up all the way from Coventry to see him.

[​IMG]

Rod arriving at the pain clinic.

[​IMG]

Rod and mum, who wishes she could swap places with him tomorrow.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Continuing-Care/

Kind Regards,

Stephen (Johnson).

4. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    Thanks for that link Brucie My daughter a student, so sent her that one to send to all her friend, also the one for Stephen Johnson as I said before .

Your doing a really good Job stephen :) well done xx

5. Gromit

Gromit Registered User

Apr 3, 2006
    Edinburgh
    signed petition

Petition signed and forwarded on to friends and family.

Many thanks

Alison

6. JPG1

JPG1 Account Closed

Jul 16, 2008
    Salute those who cared

This is a fairly old thread. I offer no apologies for resurrecting it.

We can resurrect a thread with ease - we cannot resurrect the people involved in the world of care encompassed by any thread.

Those who cared then about Stephen Johnson and his efforts in the sphere of care also may need to know that Stephen Johnson died last week, at a very early age. He was in his late 50s. The struggle he faced took its toll on him and on his life. He lost his Mum and his Brother along the road of his own personal struggle.

Some TPers who supported him then, back in 2007 and beyond, are no longer with us either.

Salute Stephen Johnson and those who gave their all, as they cared for their nearest and dearest and also about those who came after.

7. Jancis

Jancis Registered User

Jun 30, 2010
    Hampshire
    Ne'er forget the people (Wilfred Pickles)

I salute Stephen Johnson and am sorry to hear his tragic story. May he rest in peace. But I believe his battle will not be in vain.
    Thank you for remembering JPG1.
    Take care of yourself,
    Jancis x

8. Nanak

Nanak Registered User

Mar 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
    #29 Nanak, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
    I didn't look at the date of the first thread and was very shocked to read your post JPG1. How sad......
    Nanak
    missing what has gone and scared of what is to come

9. geum123

geum123 Registered User

May 20, 2009
    Stephen Johnson, certainly was inspirational.

I first heard of NHS Continuing Care, through the web site he was on.
    His battle to achieve justice for his brother was inspirational,
    and he eventually won, though the battle, I think was at the cost of his own health.

I have a huge respect for what he did, not only for his brother,
    but also to inform and help others.
    I owe him my thanks.

Rest In Peace Stephen.

Thank you for posting this here JPG1.
    Take care.

Geum.xxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.