1. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    Off on Monday for a weeks respite,Peg stays at home,with the carer, and I go away.
    This way avoids upsets for loved ones going to a care home (unless they don't mind),I find it the ideal way.
    If anyone wishes to know the detail,PM me,and I will try to explain in detail.
    Now that it has been approved it sets a precedent for the future should anyone else wish to persue the idea.
    See you all soon
    Norman

2. nikita

nikita Registered User

Jul 31, 2004
    enjoy your much deserved break, i used to do the same for a disabled child it made life much easier as all equipment/medical supplies were there, payment was made by the independent living fund (not sure if it still exsisits) it seems if possible this would be much less disruption but harder for the career letting someone else into their home. rest up norm

3. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Sweetheart, just enjoy as best you can.

Thinking of you, love

4. Nell

Nell Registered User

Aug 9, 2005
    Australia
    Hope you have a truly relaxing and refreshing time, confident that all is well at home. Now is time for YOU!!
    Enjoy! Nell

5. Amy

Amy Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    Hope that you have a lovely week Norman. You deserve it.
    Love Helen

6. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Dear Norman, I hope you have a wonderful week. Your idea of going away yourself while keeping Peg at home is brilliant, and one I will certainly bear in mind for the future. The very best solution to a difficult problem.
    I hope when you return, all will be well. Love Sylvia x