My photograph library in TP has disappeared

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Hi all, don't know if anyone else has had this problem. When I want to add an existing photo or upload a new one, the whole things looks different to how it used to: the first screen up is one which is called 'manage attachements' and asks me to browse my system, none of my existing pictures are there. I can upload new pictures andpost them, but they are not saved in my TP file of pictures. Any solutions gratefully received :)

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Thanks Kassy and Saffie, so it's permanent then - sorry I don't like it! So each time we want to attach, we have to upload from our pcs rather than the TP collection? It's a bit of a pain as I use a laptop, a pc at home and another at work, so if say, I wanted to post a happy birthday picture I'd have to have it on each of those computers :(

Having said that, in the great scheme of things, it's a minor inconvenience, nothing more and I'll live with it :)

Last edited:

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Just testing something

attachment.php

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
I might have solved my own problem of the pics being on different machines. As Kassy told me where to look for the attachments, I opened my birthday one, right clicked on it and saved to this laptop, so I'l just upload each time I need it.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
What you can do (what I just did above) is go to Settings > Miscellaneous > Attachments. At this point you can see a list of attachments (if you go to the bottom of the page you can select show thumbnails if the name of the picture means nothing).

You then have a couple of options.

1)You can right click on the name of the picture you want and choose Copy Link location and then you can insert the image with the Insert Image option (next to the envelope above the posting box).

or

2) you can click on the name of the picture and it will bring the picture up in a new screen. You can either cut and paste the address of this page into your post or in fact scroll through to see all your pictures.

I know it's not as easy as before, but they are still on the the forum and accessible.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Thanks Jennifer - but none of which are as useful as having them at the end of a click on attachments though. Shame it changed! I wonder why!

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I've been told that some people weren't able to post attachments at all. Between you an me, I don't care for it either.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m saving images in `My Pictures` and they are there when I want them. I don`t know if everyone else can do the same but the change has made it so much easier for me.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Oh so on your computer? Yes that's of course an option. The problem is when people access the forum from several devices.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If multiple systems use an online sync application.
Here's a selection but there are many, many more..

http://blog.backupify.com/2012/05/17/ranking-the-top-online-file-sync-services/

Not all of them have versions for all operating systems.

Some require that you store the files in a predefined folder on each system, if you also want the files in a default folder, e.g. 'My Pictures' you will have to change the location of the default folder. Others allow any storage folder location on any system.

If you resize your images you can probably manage with several of the free versions.

If you only want to use image files and not *.pdf or *.doc etc think about starting to use Picasa

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
All my pictures, photos etc are stored in' My Pictures' on my computer too, Sylvia, but I have hundreds there. It was much easier and quicker to access those for TP when they were stored in the TP attachments. I've been inclined not to add pictures to greetings etc. since they have disappeared as it takes so long to do.

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
since they have disappeared as it takes so long to do.

I must have a different system on my PC then Saffie because I find it so much easier. Oh dear. I am sorry it`s such a pain for so many people.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Saffie

Create a new sub-folder called 'TP images' in 'My Pictures' and use it to store resized images ready for use on TP.