My nan

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
Well my nan has been in the home for a while now and I'm still getting phone calls from them saying she is distressed cos no one has been to see her or she wants to go out some where even with me taking her out for a few hours every weekend she ain't ever happy and trying to get her back into the home is really stressful and she will scream her head off swear at me and the people working there she has even tried to get out of the home on her own then I gets a phone call asking if I can go there it's like they don't even know how to cope with her I'm at my whits end
Sorry for my rant I had to get it out there to people who would understand

halojones

May 7, 2014
Do not leave the council property

I have called the council and tell them everything but i will have to start all over again as a single person and the waiting list is nine years cos of the points system so I have had to find a private place for me
Hi Kellie Ann, I can't believe what a terrible time you are having,its shocking!!You are being let down badly..I live with my mum in her council property and when mum has passed the council are legally obliged to re house me,as her carer this is my right!! And no I won't be going to any shared house ,I will wait until a decent property comes up,also you can stay if you have an emotional connection,which you have.Please go to citz advice, legal advice at the carers centre..Please get someone who can help you and fight your corner,your MP., go to the press,go to the top!!Its disgraceful how you are being treated, why do we have to fight so much for decent treatment??...maybe we should all fight your corner for you, I am sure a few thousand emails would get you the help you need! ,bless you sweatheart x keep posting.DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR TENANCY !!

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
Piph the SS has finished with my nan once the home said they can cope with her I have spoken to the manager of the home telling them that if they can't cope with her then I'll find somewhere else for my nan to go but the manager said they can cope so I told the manager to talk to the carers and find out why they keep calling me wanting me there everyday it's not like I live five mins drive away it's more like 45 mins drive

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
Piph the SS has finished with my nan once the home said they can cope with her I have spoken to the manager of the home telling them that if they can't cope with her then I'll find somewhere else for my nan to go but the manager said they can cope so I told the manager to talk to the carers and find out why they keep calling me wanting me there everyday it's not like I live five mins drive away it's more like 45 mins drive

I hope that improves the situation. Of course you still want to be involved but frankly it is their responsibility, having assessed your nan and presumably concluded they could meet her needs, to do the job they are being paid for.

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
Halojones it's true I have been let down but at this moment in time I'm to tried to keep frighting in the end I had to give up on where I was living due to the council not wanting to down size the flat I was in for like two years and they wanted me to pay full rent plus all the bills on top of that I even said what if I find someone to move in and pay half of everything they was not having any of it so I would of fallen behind on everything but luckily enough my other half said to move in with him

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
Pickless53 it's true but I really don't know what to do about it all I wouldn't mind them calling saying my nan is unwell etc but not stupid phone calls like they do

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
Pickless53 it's true but I really don't know what to do about it all I wouldn't mind them calling saying my nan is unwell etc but not stupid phone calls like they do

You may need to set some boundaries eg unless it is a genuine emergency (most likely a medical one) you are not available to go to the home without notice. Tell them when you are planning to visit and that they can raise any issues when you visit or schedule periodic care plan reviews.

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
Hi kellie lovely to hear from you. Glad things are better for you and you've found yourself a home. Hope nan settles soon for you. Take care x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Talking Point mobile app

Recent Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozziegirl