My nan

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
We must be lol I swear my family thinks I'm not telling the truth cos all I get is she is give her more snacks it will stop her being mixed up all I could think was really you think that's going to stop this illness

Sent from my iPhone

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
Well I'm glad my nan knows what she is on about as I don't have a clue who she is on about or half of the places but she is having fun talking to me about it I just hope I'm saying all the right things lol

syc443

Apr 29, 2014
Nottingham
As long as your replies keep her happy - that's the main thing. I have loads of nonsense conversations with my mum which leave me very puzzled and her reasonably happy and calm so I can live with my puzzlement - if that makes sense?? :confused:

bilslin

Jan 17, 2014
hertforshire
Hi Kelly Ann don't take your name off the tenancy what ever you do. If your Nan does have to go into a CH the council might not let you stay in the place your in now but they will offer you a one bed flat. So hang on in there and you need to get some help get an appointment with the Alzheimer society and then the SW. Tell them they have a duty to care for your Nan. And you need to have some life for yourself your only young. Don beat yourself up about the invisibles your not going to make them do what they don't want to do. Good luck with ss, if you do they will let you do, if you get what I mean. lindaxx

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
I know SS has to follow the law but they was a joke just because nan said she didn't want help they took her word for it so now i have called them and said i can't and will not do this on my own anymore as I have done something to my back trying to move my nan on my own i need someone to come out ASAP and they will be out on Monday afternoon I would jump for joy but I better not at the moment

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
You need to get onto CAB & find out where you stand with the tenancy, also Alz Soc, complaints dept at LA etc etc. You need help NOW not in a week or fortnight.

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
SS got back to me today after not taken my calls yesterday all they said was we will see what we can do for you on Monday it's like they really don't want to help at all so it will left to me to keep moving my nan on my own

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
This whole system is messed up I can't just walk away cos my nan would be on her own i don't have the heart to just leave her alone I really do not know what to do for the best deep down I know my nan will need trained people to care for her but when is the right time to let them in

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
Why do I feel so guilty that when SS turned up I couldn't hold back my tears and said I couldn't do it any more I just feel guilty that I can't do it anymore

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Why do I feel so guilty that when SS turned up I couldn't hold back my tears and said I couldn't do it any more I just feel guilty that I can't do it anymore

Oh, Kellie-Ann, as a loving granddaughter it's only natural you should feel like this. But please try not to feel guilty!! The very fact that you burst into tears and told them you can't do it any longer, shows that you are at the end of your tether.

No-one should think any the less of you, you have given all your time and energy recently to your nan and no-one can do more. Of course you still love her, and whether she has more help at home, or goes into a care home, you will continue to love her and to be her carer. You can visit her regularly in a home, have some time together without all the worry and stress you have at the moment :) And in asking for help, you will know that you have done the right thing for your nan...I think you've posted before that she needs more help than any one person can give.

Did SS give you an idea of what they are likely to do? They should produce an assessment and a care plan for your nan so that you know what to expect :)

And finally, do look after yourself in all this. Will they advise you on accommodation or have you got that sorted? I hope someone (a social worker or support worker of some kind) is looking out for you :)

Take care and let us know how you get on.

All the best

Lindy xx

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
Well at the mo my nan is in hospital due to a full she will be in for a while but SS are going to sort out a care plan which will fit around my Nan's needs they will try and put her into a warren controlled place and fit it with everything she will need as she would like to still have a bit of control in her life and have carers four times a days

And as for me they have just left me to it I have been supporting my nan since the age of 15 after my grandad passed away then being her carer in my early 20s looking after my nan is all I have known and now it's like well what do I do now not one call from anyone from SS saying anything and I'm left walking around in a blur it does feel like I have been thrown into the deep end and they have said now you get on with it

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
I have called the council and tell them everything but i will have to start all over again as a single person and the waiting list is nine years cos of the points system so I have had to find a private place for me

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hi Kellie Ann :)

I am sorry to hear that your nan is in hospital, but it sounds as though social services are addressing her problems now, so that's a good thing.

So, what are you going to do about accommodation, I wonder? Presumably you still have your nan's place for a while.....

I don't now how old you are but I wondered if these people might be helpful? You deserve some support and a decent place to live!!

http://localgiving.com/charity/svssouthamptonyoungcarersproject

All the best

Lindy xx

copsham

Oct 11, 2012
Oxfordshire
Hi Kellie ann,
Did you not say that your name is on the tenancy agreement? If I were you I would go to the Citizens Advice Bureau or an independent Housing Advice service. They cannot evict you without a court order and you will need representation at the court.

I wish I could wave a magic wand, you deserve so much better!! HUG to you

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hi Kellie ann,
Did you not say that your name is on the tenancy agreement? If I were you I would go to the Citizens Advice Bureau or an independent Housing Advice service. They cannot evict you without a court order and you will need representation at the court.

I wish I could wave a magic wand, you deserve so much better!! HUG to you

Well said copsham, I couldn't agree more. I had forgotten your name was on the tenancy Kellie Ann :eek: Do get some advice and support, all may not be lost. Maybe social services appear to be ignoring you on this simply because they are a different department from housing. In fact, where I live, the district council deals with housing, and the county council with social services. Might be worth checking this.

Don't give up !!!

All the best :)

Lindy xx