My mother has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s

Luzka

Mar 9, 2024
Hello everyone, I'm new here and the reason why I have decided to join this forum is because my lovely mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease nearly two years ago in her home country, I brought her to the UK at the beginning of last year, she hasn't got residency in the UK and we are waiting for the Home Office's decision.
My mother's condition had worsened.. she started with donepezil, but they gave her nausea and vomiting, so she was prescribed with mementine reinforced with rivastigmine patches, but after a while, she was hallucinating badly. Caring for her could be a little exhausting at times, nevertheless I'm happy to have her with me and worry that the Home Office will refuse our application for her to remain in this country under my care.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @Luzka welcome, this is a friendly place with a lot of shared experience of dementia and people are happy to help if they can. Trying to find the right type of medication and dosage to help with dementia symptoms can sometimes take time but hopefully your mum's doctor will be able to find something that will help. Caring for someone with dementia can be very difficult and exhausting so you need to look after yourself too. You will find support here from people who understand.

Luzka

Mar 9, 2024
Hello @Luzka welcome, this is a friendly place with a lot of shared experience of dementia and people are happy to help if they can. Trying to find the right type of medication and dosage to help with dementia symptoms can sometimes take time but hopefully your mum's doctor will be able to find something that will help. Caring for someone with dementia can be very difficult and exhausting so you need to look after yourself too. You will find support here from people who understand.
Thanks xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfly