My mother died yesterday

Rosie

Jun 10, 2004
South East Wales, UK.
Sorry to haer about your mum, but you were with her & thats all that matters, sadly my mam had passed away shortly before I managed to get to the hospital & that is something I will always be sad about. Take care of yourself, your mum is at peace now, maybe you will find some too, Love & hugs Rosie x

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Sue, I'm so sorry ...

You went to extraordinary lengths to meet your mother's needs and accommodate her complicated problems of dealing with a different birth culture & language.
You couldn't have done more, and I'm pleased for your sake that you were together during her final moments in this life.

Your description of how she died is very similar to my own Mum's death; I hope it doesn't sound callous to say "It could have been worse", but that is how I think about our situation.

With love & great respect

Last edited:

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear Sue
I am sorry for the loss of your Mum.
You gave her the greatest gift by being with her at the end, please be at peace with yourself.
Love Rosaenn xx

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
Dear Sue, so sorry for your loss and the distress that you feel. In time, your pain will ease, you will have peace and the knowledge that you were with your Mum at her passing. Who could have done more?
Sincere condolences
Hazel

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Oh dear Sue, it is obvious to us all that you did exactly the right thing. Yes, you could have subjected your mother to an unpleasant procedure (which would probably have had to be repeated later), and chose not to. Sensibly. She died in your arms,and how many mother can wish for that and not achieve it.

I wish you peace in your grief.

Margaret

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Sue, I am so sorry to read about the loss of your mother. I agree with others who have written here that she was very lucky indeed to die cradled in your arms, and knowing that she was loved. I wish I had been able to do as much for my own mother.

Please try and go easy on youself. What a long journey you and your mother have had. You can't fail to be grieving but try not to beset yourself with 'what ifs'. They never serve any purpose except to torment ourselves. I hope you can find many thoughts to comfort yourself with, many memories to rejoice in and many friends to support you at this difficult time.
Much love and sympathy from Deborah

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
I know I have taken more than I have given .

Sue, please don’t ever think that .. sometimes the people with the least to say make the most impact.

I remember you well from my first joining TP and the whole different perspective and circumstances in which you cared. It has always been a privilege to read your posts and updates and none more so than the loving way in which you cared for your mother to the very end against a backdrop of years of the most difficult challenges.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Kindest regards, and respect always, Karen, x

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Dear Sue

How wonderful that you were with your mum right at the end. She must have been very reassured by that. There is nothing at all to chastise yourself for, you were doing everything that a loving daughter could do. She would have been proud of you for that. And so glad that you were there.

There was nothing more that could bed done for her, you did it all.

Much love, and condolence in your grief.

Margaret