My life- without the one I love

Tears Falling

Jul 8, 2013
Most exciting! The renovations sound bold but if you tackle them straight away it willl all be new for you which will be lovely.

Let us know how the pirate and gold search go....... I wonder whether Jack Sparrow ventures to the Devon coast?

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Oh dear, Lyn. Have only just realised your thread is here. You must have thought me totally uncaring not to have posted earlier. I'm so pleased that your house move is going ahead, giving you something to look forward to. Can understand completely how you feel you have to put on a brave face while still feeling lost inside. I feel the same way but obviously not to the same degree as I am fortunate enough to still have Fred. Wishing you and Pete much happiness in your new home and welcome to the sunny(!) West Country. We are nearly neighbours. xx

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so pleased to see you have found your forever home Lyn.
I hope the move, renovation and new beginnings all go well for you.:):)

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thank you all for your responses.

Verity, it's on Monday. The removal firm will deliver a bed and a couple of suitcases to my new house that day-the Tuesday is the day I 'really' move in:)

My dogs are in excitement overdrive:eek: but it's my little cat I'm really worried about. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive and I will have to put her in her travel basket really early as the removal firm are arriving 8.30. I've bought some Feliway spray for her basket and a plug in for when we get there. Anyone know how long I should keep her in the house before letting her out? I thought a couple of weeks at least.

I installed my dongle on my laptop last night-it appears to work so I should be able to post on TP. I don't want to get withdrawal symptoms;)

I've already got two sets of visitors booked in! Dau and Grandson and good friends from where I live at the moment-I will be busy but that's not a bad thing:)

Have good days everyone

Love

Lyn T XX

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
When I took Katie, my rescue cat, they recommended 6 weeks! The vet said 4 weeks but I think I ended up with 3. I would think that 2 would probably be more than enough for your puss as she has the familiarity of you and your dogs to return to, while Katie didn't really know me at that time and was still spooked by her early history. I was reminding her this morning that it is now 12 months sInce she spent her 1st 48 hours here under the floorboards! You can always walk her around your garden accompanied to see how she gets on and allow her to get the scent of her new territory. Hope all goes well, will be thinking of you. Xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thank you Verity

I will get Misty a cat harness so I can put her on a lead and walk her round the garden. I will probably do that early on but not let her out for a couple of weeks-at least she will get some fresh air.

Love to you

Lyn T XX

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Thank you Verity

I will get Misty a cat harness so I can put her on a lead and walk her round the garden. I will probably do that early on but not let her out for a couple of weeks-at least she will get some fresh air.

Love to you

Lyn T XX

I kept my 2 cats in for 2 weeks when we moved but they were trying to explore the outside much earlier :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Good luck with your move Lyn. I hope it goes smoothly.

I don't remember keeping our cats in at all when we moved - but we were(still are) a bit odd and took them caravaning with us, so they were used to car journeys and change of scenery. We had trained them to come back to us from tiny kittens by shaking the box of dried food at them. They were quite nervous when we moved and didn't stray far to start with. The camping was mainly to the same camp site so they were as familiar with that as home so travelled quite far there I think.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Gosh Lyn, are you all packed up and living out of boxes?
This is so exciting for you but stressy too I expect what with wanting everything to go smoothly. You are so organised though so I'm sure it will.

I'm glad the dongle is working - can't have you escaping!!! x

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Hi Lyn T:)

Good to read your move is happening:) I don't know much about cats but always remember people saying 6 weeks in after a move and put butter on their paws?!:confused:

I hope it all goes well for you and your animal companions.

Am glad you've got that dongle! hope it dangles in the right place so you can pick up TP no problem!

Love
Suexxxx:)

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Your move

Hi Lyn

Couldn't find anything for good luck on your new home so this is a welcome to your new home. Wishing you happiness and peace.

Love

Verity

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Wishing you a smooth moving day and all the very best for your new home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 477

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Wishing you all the best for the move, and in your new home, Lyn :)

Btw, when I've moved, I've only kept cats in for a couple of days, then I've gone out into the garden with them for a while. Usually they've been quite keen to stay close to me until they got the sense of where they were. Hope your Misty also settles well :)

Will be thinking of you.

Love, Lindy xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bebb