my dear Dad

cynron

Sep 26, 2005
east sussex
medication

My husband has also been put QUETIAPINE for the same reasons agitation and aggresivness. As he has vascular dementia he is not on any other meds for the dementia. ARICEPT is not for people with heart condidtions. Its early days yet and i do not know if it will work for him. I did catch him urinating from the conservatory door on to the patio:eek: :eek: He also sometimes pees into the bath instead of the toilet which is alongside.:eek:

cynron x x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
The last post made me laugh - something I have not done for some time - isn't this whole thing awful!! Having a bad moment - sorry!!!!!! BeckyJan

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I think a sense of humour and a sense of the absurd is what keeps you going even through the worst of times. I would be the first to admit that my sense of humour is decidedly warped, even at the best of times. :D

cynron

Sep 26, 2005
east sussex
You made me laugh as well. I forgot to say that that night we had home made PEA SOUP FOR TEA . It,s the truth.

Cynron :D :D

KaC

Feb 26, 2006
surrey
Hi

just wanted to share a good moment

when I visited dad i took his favouritw marks and spencers trifle - as soon as he had a spoonful he looked up and said 'thats deliciously good' and smiled and a minute or two later he said ' thanks for coming karen' a rare glimmer of knowing who iam , although he had 'gone' again in moment for a moment he knew me

karenx

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
karen

what a lovely moment its a pity we cant bottle these precious moments to keep but im sure you wont forget anyway!
thanks for sharing

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Thanks for sharing that KaC, DCM has given me an idea.
I have a Compact cassette recorder, voice activated recording system, am going to record mum voice on it, keep it in my bag all the time,

hope you don’t mind me sharing this a friend said to me the other day about her dad dieing 4 years ago is now she can not remember what he voice sounds like ,I can’t remember mine also (dad).

So being positive about mum stages, before she forget am going to record her voice on her good days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lynne askew