My dear dad passed away this afternoon

Blue19

Jul 8, 2010
Hello everyone, my dear dad died this afternoon.

Following a stroke in May 2007, he developed vascular dementia and has been in a NH for the last two years. I love my dad so very much and will miss him terribly, but I'm thankful that he is now at peace.

Thnak you to everyone on Talking Point. I don't post often, but this forum has been a lifeline for me over the last couple of years.

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Dear Blue, I'm so very sorry your dad has passed away, your post shows how much you love him. This will be a big part of your life now changed, but I'm glad you can take comfort that he is now at peace.
Please don't become a stranger to TP, we still all have the common bond, and will be there to chat whenever you need us.

Wishing you strength and comfort for the days and weeks ahead,

Love, Necion. x

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Hi Blue. So sorry to read your news but glad for your Dad that he is at peace now. Wishing you strength to cope with the days ahead and sending a big hug to you.

Love Margaret xxx

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Blue, so sorry to hear your sad news. As you say, your dad is at peace now but it's left for you to bear the grief. Wishing you strength in the dark days ahead. xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Dear Blue, Am very sorry to read about the loss of your Dad, my Sympathy & Prayers to you at this sad time.

Take Care Love from Grove x x x

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Dear Blue,
I am so sorry that you have lost your dad - I can see from reading your posts that he meant the world to you.
I am sending my heart felt condolences.
Please keep in touch with us all here.
Love Jancis xxxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Blue,

I am sorry to hear that your dad had passed away and hope you will accept my sincere condolences.

It was good to hear that TP has been a good support to you and I am sure you know that it is still here for you in your bereavement should you have the need.

Love

elliedan93

Sep 21, 2010
dear blue so sorry to hear about your loss my thoughts are with you at this difficult time xxxxxx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Please accept my sincere condolences at this very sad time. Your dear Dad is at peace now and I hope you find comfort in knowing you have done your best for him.

Please come back to TP, its still here as and when you need it.

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Blue, I am sorry to hear that your dad has died.
I hope that you will continue to visit TP when you feel ready.

Turbo

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Blue,

I was so sorry to read the news that you have lost your dear dad. I hope that TP may be able to help you come to terms with your sad loss, but more than anything, I'm sending love and support for you and your family for the weeks and months ahead.

With love,

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Dear Blue

So very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing.
Like you, I loved my Dad to bits, we were great friends.
My heart goes out to you.
Take care
Alfjess

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Hi Blue, I am so sorry you lost your dad. Mine meant the world to me too. We must treasure the lovely memories we have of our dads. Never forget them.

Love

Margaret