My dear dad passed away this afternoon

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Blue, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Please accept my sincere condolences to you and your family. Love from Deborah

POPPY67

Mar 5, 2010
yorkshire
Dear blue sorry to hear the loss of your dad my heart goes out to you!but I do know what you mean about your dad been at peace that's what's kept me going the last couple of weeks but keep posting you will find it helps !

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Blue,
My condolences to you and your family on your father's passing. This is an especially difficult time of year to lose someone but look back on the years of love you had together.

Nico

Dec 14, 2010
Milton Keynes
Dear Blue,

I am so sorry to hear your news. I hope you can find some comfort this Christmas knowing your dear father is at peace.
Nick

Carolyn1

Jul 31, 2010
So sorry to hear about your dad. I understand how it feels to lose someone you love. Take care and know that we are all thinking of you. x

Blue19

Jul 8, 2010
Many thanks

Many thanks for all your kinds words, thoughts and love. You have really helped me through the last few days.

Christmas means that I cannot register my Dad's death until Wednesday, and so all the arrangements are on hold at the moment.

I'm nearly there in putting together a simple and beautiful funeral service, which includes my Dad's favourite music. Dad so loved a singsong :) My wonderful partner, who has been by my side every step of the way since my dad was taken ill and who my dad called 'son', is going to do the reading.

I'm trying to be sensitive to what the rest of the family want too. I do find this difficult when no-one,including my sister, helped with any of the decisions or arrangements when Dad had his stroke or have visited him in the last two years. I suspect they chose to put him out of their minds. I feel sorry for them as they cry now. I'm glad I chose the privelege of caring for my wonderful Dad.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I'm glad you are getting the chance to mark your Dad's passing. At least you get so say goodbye Dad, the rest of you family can only say goodbye Father, since they distanced themselves. I know who I'd rather call family.x.