My dear dad passed away this afternoon

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Blue19, Dec 23, 2010.

1. scared daughter

scared daughter Account Closed

May 3, 2010
    Dear Blue

Sending you love and thinking of you xxxxx

2. DeborahBlythe

DeborahBlythe Registered User

Dec 1, 2006
    Dear Blue, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Please accept my sincere condolences to you and your family. Love from Deborah

3. POPPY67

POPPY67 Registered User

Mar 5, 2010
    yorkshire
    Dear blue sorry to hear the loss of your dad my heart goes out to you!but I do know what you mean about your dad been at peace that's what's kept me going the last couple of weeks but keep posting you will find it helps !

4. Christin

Christin Registered User

Jun 29, 2009
    Somerset
    So sorry to hear your news, sending you condolences on the loss of your father. xx

5. flowerpot

flowerpot Registered User

Hi Blue19, So sorry about your dad. Thinking of you.

6. Mo_N

Mo_N Registered User

Oct 29, 2009
    South East Essex
    Thinking of you & hope that memories of all the good times you shared with your dad ease the pain of parting.

Mo
    x

7. christine_batch

christine_batch Registered User

Jul 31, 2007
    Buckinghamshire
    Dear Blue,

Sincere condolences on your father's passing. May you be granted strength to get you through the coming days.

Love from
    Christine

8. Linda Mc

Linda Mc Registered User

Jul 3, 2005
    Nr Mold
    So very sorry, look back on the happier memories now.

9. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Dear Blue,
    My condolences to you and your family on your father's passing. This is an especially difficult time of year to lose someone but look back on the years of love you had together.

10. Libby

Libby Registered User

May 20, 2006
    North East
    Hello Blue19

So sorry to hear about your dad - my thoughts go out to you.

Libs

11. Nico

Nico Registered User

Dec 14, 2010
    Milton Keynes
    Dear Blue,

I am so sorry to hear your news. I hope you can find some comfort this Christmas knowing your dear father is at peace.
    Nick

12. Carolyn1

Carolyn1 Registered User

Jul 31, 2010
    So sorry to hear about your dad. I understand how it feels to lose someone you love. Take care and know that we are all thinking of you. x

13. Blue19

Blue19 Registered User

Jul 8, 2010
    Many thanks

Many thanks for all your kinds words, thoughts and love. You have really helped me through the last few days.

Christmas means that I cannot register my Dad's death until Wednesday, and so all the arrangements are on hold at the moment.

I'm nearly there in putting together a simple and beautiful funeral service, which includes my Dad's favourite music. Dad so loved a singsong :) My wonderful partner, who has been by my side every step of the way since my dad was taken ill and who my dad called 'son', is going to do the reading.

I'm trying to be sensitive to what the rest of the family want too. I do find this difficult when no-one,including my sister, helped with any of the decisions or arrangements when Dad had his stroke or have visited him in the last two years. I suspect they chose to put him out of their minds. I feel sorry for them as they cry now. I'm glad I chose the privelege of caring for my wonderful Dad.

14. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    I'm glad you are getting the chance to mark your Dad's passing. At least you get so say goodbye Dad, the rest of you family can only say goodbye Father, since they distanced themselves. I know who I'd rather call family.x.

15. milly123

milly123 Registered User

Mar 15, 2009
    England
    hello blue sorry to hear about your dad will be thinking of you in the coming weeks mily