My book 'Cooking by Kindle Light'

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I am in the process of writing an anthology of short stories about memory and some

are autobiographical jolly accounts of living with memory loss!

I just went upstairs to get my laptop charger and came back with my slippers!

What I wondered is would it be helpful to have it printed using a larger than normal font

and I would appreciate some feedback if any one has any thoughts on this

Many thanks Sarah #happywriter

I will be starting a blog soon to go with it!

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Hi Sarah, I'm so looking forward to the finished work..... I know what I think and will give my vote in a moment, but what do you actually think yourself?
Does a larger print make things look clearer to you?

What about the line spacing? Would 1.5 line spacing help to separate the words too.

I would have a practice and print out pages in different formats and using different fonts and sizes and ask your housemates for honest feedback.

Good Luck anyway.....x.x.x

My Vote - Slightly larger works for me.x.x

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Sounds interesting Sarah ☺

You might find this link helpful

www.indesignskills.com/tutorials/book-font-size/

As well as the size, the actual font you use can have quite an impact. This may be helpful

https://fictionetal.wordpress.com/2...f-fonts-10-book-typefaces-that-cant-go-wrong/

Will this be printed or an e-book? As you will see in the last link, they benefit from having different fonts.

Good luck! Please give me a shout if I can help further ☺

Sent from my SM-G361F using Talking Point mobile app

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Thanks for responding about the font sizing Its all a bit baffling !!!

I have written just over 15000 words so I probably need to write another 8 or so stories to make it viable as a book

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
hi sarah, just to throw in my halfpenny worth, when researching before doing my blog, websites, memorybilia site etc and taking in continued comments it would seem that larger is better but no huge, 1.5 line spacing and even spread the character spacing if possible but the most important is a plain font, not curly or bold or coloured just plain and simple. another comment i have had at times is that a white background can be overpowering so toning it down is beneficial. not so easy on paper but good if e-book. the biggest number of requests though, from people with dementia, is that things are audio as any reading can be far too tiring. i am working on that one.

good luck and keep it up thank you

wayne

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Thanks Chewtor Now Audio I hadn't thought of that!

I have a friend interested in making a video of one of the stories!

Thanks for the advice I am going to start a wordpress blog to raise the profile!

Haverton

Sep 12, 2016
Essex
Hi Sarah I am a avid reader ( but often lose the plot) :) On a number of occasions I found that i would read the same sentence or miss the following one. In other words spacing is a big problem. My wife bought me a Kindle where I can enlarge the font to my needs witch helped a lot. Sorry Sarah I seem to have to have rambled on a bit. In answer to your question using a larger font may be of help to you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bebb