Mum's journey is over now.

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Dear Sue,
So much death to cope with........ I am so sorry that you are having to face that.
However your amazing post demonstrates what a profound, deep, caring, and world-wise woman you are. I send you strength to deal with the days to come.

As you say, after that you can take all the time you want and need to come to terms with the new chapter of your life, when illness, age and dementia are not running your agenda. That is why I am relieved for you. No rush, no rush at all.

May everything go smoothly and friends and family life you above any chaos and turmoil. With love and sympathy, BE

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Oh Sue, so much to cope with in such a short space of time. Wishing you strength and courage to face whatever the future holds.

I love the Norman Hartnell dress story, I'm sure your Mum will be smiling down at you.

Sending much love & Hugs xxx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Thinking of you Sue at a very difficult time for you.

with love xx

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Sue,
Your mum at peace at last - sending you my condolences, and strength to cope with the coming days.
xxxxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so terribly sorry to read your news. Thinking of you and sending my condolences and wishes for strength for the days and weeks to come. x

geum123

May 20, 2009
Sue,
I'm so very sorry.
Please accept my condolences.
Wishing you strength in the coming weeks.

Geum xxxx

danny

Sep 9, 2009
cornwall/real name is Angela
Sue, so sorry to hear about mum. I`m sure you will do her proud at the funeral.
I don`t know how you are coping at the moment and I am in awe of the strength you have found to cope with losing two loved ones in such a short space of time.

We are all here for you if you ever need a chat Sue.

Best wishes for now, Angela x.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I am so sorry that your mother has finally given up her struggle. It has been a long, fraught time for you, Sue, and in a way I am relieved for you that it is over and that your mother's pain is no more. However, to lose your mother is always painful and you have lost two people so dear to you in as many months. Please accept my very sincere condolences and great sympathy. X

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Hello Sunray, I am so sorry to hear this, please accept my condolences on the loss of your Mum. It is such a short time for you and I will keep you in my thoughts. I hope the arrangements run smoothly for you, and then you can give yourself some time to grieve.

Kindest thoughts to you, Sunray. xx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Hi Sue, it seems such a short time since we were using these words and phrases to try to comfort you after Ray died, and yet here we are again. The same words, the same phrases and the same honest and true wish to help you cope with the loss of your Mum. One day you will be able to dig yourself out from the weight of the past couple of months and be able to look both back and forward again. For now I'm sure it takes all your efforts to put one foot in front of the other in a forwards direction. Your strength and spirit are a great example to us all and as for dressing Mum in her Hartnell....well one has to keep up the standards one was raised with eh???Quality speaks for itself......:) Thinking of you, Love me.x.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Sue

So sad to read about your Mum's death, yet also the relief that she is now at peace.

What a particularly difficult year this has been for you, I often think about you and wonder how you are. Such a short time between losing Ray and now your mother, your emotions must be in turmoil.

My deepest sympathy and wishing you renewed strength in the time ahead.

Love
Loo xx

angelmarbella

May 29, 2010
Marbella, Spain
Dear Sunray

You are so brave and have been through such a lot and yet always been on hand to help others on here.

I just wanted to send sincere condolences for both losses and all the best for the future.

Best wishes
Angel xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Sue,

I am so sorry for your loss especially so soon after Ray.

Keep me in your thoughts as I struggle to maintain some peace and calm in my life amids the chaos.
I will certainly keep you in my thoughts.

Love and condolences

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
making the arrangements is difficult

Making the arrangements for the funeral is difficult as I feel as if this one is more on show. Because of the rift with my sister she is very critical of me and what I do so I know there will be a lot of criticism about minor points.

With Ray's funeral I just did it my way and that was good enough for most people. This time I wonder if every item, every song, every prayer is what Mum would have wanted and if my sister and her family will approve. I know this is silly of me but it is how I feel.

I'd like all my friends to keep praying as the sleepless nights are with me once more. It is a terrible feeling knowing that others are trying to find something to accuse me of. I know, sounds a bit paranoid but thats the need for sleep talking.

Sue.

Last edited: