Mum TIA

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I saw mum the other day when I took her shopping with my daughter. She looked awful. Bags under her eyes and just looking frail. Even though she says she hasn't lost weight she looks like she has. Her jumper on her sleeves and around her neck are looking baggy. Almost like she has shrunk.( Reminds me of dad.) I spoke to her yesterday. She was very confused. Her legs are now heavy and she is losing her balance. I could tell she hadn't had a good night. She hardly goes out at all now unless someone is with her. She is struggling to use her shopping trolley which has 4 wheels on it. This deterioration has only happened in the last week.She said her legs felt weak yesterday.When my daughter comes back I have asked her to bring mum back for a few days. I think her heart failure has progressed even further..To top it all off the pharmacy hadn't delivered her pills( heart & thyroid)even though they were ordered a week ago. She had gone through her back up pills so had completely run out. She is not bad for 88 but would be surprised if she had another 2 years left.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Is it possible your mum has a UTI
No no UTI. She now has other symptoms which might be beginnings of an allergy to medication. Greta tongue upset tummy etc. This is not the first time it has happened.All pills have been taken. Only 24 hour break in pills. She is up now.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
No no UTI. She now has other symptoms which might be beginnings of an allergy to medication. Greta tongue upset tummy etc. This is not the first time it has happened.All pills have been taken. Only 24 hour break in pills. She is up now.
Hello @TNJJ,

I think your mum needs to go back to the doctor.

MaNaAk

SherwoodSue

Jun 18, 2022
If not UTI other infections like respiratory infections can cause these dips. Always useful to ask for a medicine review too
hope mum picks up